PDA

View Full Version : Look what followed me home yesterday ...

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 05:19 PM
:mrgreen:

https://i.imgur.com/91BHT9P.jpg

Well optioned too! It has a 24x42 cook chamber, front shelf, shelf for probes and two ports, ash catcher, and a 3/8ths firebox. Now, all I have to do is get it into the garage before tomorrow's rain ... :frown:

Word of advice, don't try to unload one of these by yourself. Yes, if I can do it most people can but, these are heavy beasts even with a tractor to do the heavy lifting.

pjtexas1
12-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Where did find that? Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Van Buren, AR on Facebook!

The owner took recent delivery of a 24x48 'pipe' trailer model and his friend just received a 24x60 'pipe' trailer build the day before. The new one was being seasoned while I was there and, I think there might have been a fourth model hiding out in the back.

No more McDonald's or Burger King for the little league baseball team this Spring!

Stlsportster
12-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Sweet. 2 shelves or 3? I’ve been watching one close to me but it’s a 2 shelf model.

Bacchus2b
12-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Sweet Deal!!! I saw that on FB as well, glad it went to a Brethren. Enjoy!!!

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Sweet. 2 shelves or 3? I’ve been watching one close to me but it’s a 2 shelf model.

This one has two shelves. I would not do three personally without getting an elevated cabinet. A lot of my cooks are big hams, birds, and similar things that would be pretty crowded with less headroom between shelves.

About the only thing I could see using one of these with three or more shelves would be for wings, ribs and similar things. I don't do those often so, not a big concern and most gatherings are small enough two shelves is plenty.

I do have a bunch of WSM's if I need to add some room and rib racks are an option if I find I need ribs for a larger than usual get together. Or maybe not so I can JUSTIFY a trailer smoker for a once or twice a year Brethren Bash with a pair of briskets or hams ... :decision::drama::decision: Hmm 24x60 trailer or 30x70, after all I might need a third brisket ... :laugh:

On a more serious note, these two shelf cabinet models will hold more meat than most people will want to pay for with a single event in most cases. 24"x42" doubled is a lot of real-estate for one event that isn't a major event with unusually large numbers of guests. Sure, they look small on-line but, in real life, they are pretty darn big.

I do have a welder so, I could always fab some short shelves with legs to put on the Shirley grates IF ever decide to smoke hundreds of wings or a massive amount of ribs on it.

Westx
12-15-2019, 06:34 PM
Sid congrats brother. Nice score. That will do 12, 9lb butts with ease.

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Sid congrats brother. Nice score. That will do 12, 9lb butts with ease.

Yes, 60~100 pounds pretty easy if I load it up. ~15 in a WSM is usually enough for what I do but, I really like a lawn chair downwind of the TBS with a beer or three while I watch nature and enjoy the Sunshine.

Nuco59
12-15-2019, 07:04 PM
Awesome. If I had to define my perfect back yard cooker, that'd be it. I even like the color :-D

Super happy for you.

pharp
12-15-2019, 07:12 PM
:mrgreen:

https://i.imgur.com/91BHT9P.jpg

Well optioned too! It has a 24x42 cook chamber, front shelf, shelf for probes and two ports, ash catcher, and a 3/8ths firebox. Now, all I have to do is get it into the garage before tomorrow's rain ... :frown:

Word of advice, don't try to unload one of these by yourself. Yes, if I can do it most people can but, these are heavy beasts even with a tractor to do the heavy lifting.

Glad it found a good home. It popped up on my local FB Marketplace last week, I knew it would not last long.

Big George's BBQ
12-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Very nice. Congrats and enjoy

davidparker
12-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Very nice! Looks barely used!

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Very nice! Looks barely used!

The sun was setting so the picture was a little dark. It has some minor sun fading and dust that goes away with almost any touch. The cook chamber hasn't been used much either, maybe two or three times? I'm not really sure other than it's just barely broken in.

The owner bought this thinking his trailer was way far out and, the trailer showed up much sooner than expected so it got used a lot more since it had "travelin' wheels" for baseball games and other events.

It was a good 'score' for me and timing was good, unlike my missed Evie Mae smoker in Lousianna.

ShadowDriver
12-15-2019, 07:32 PM
I look forward to lots of great adventures in your future.

I appreciate the words on the size in photos vs. reality that's tough to figure out from this side of the screen.

16Adams
12-15-2019, 07:33 PM
That’s going to be a lot of fun for a long time

ronbrad62
12-15-2019, 08:03 PM
Nice addition to the family. Congrats and good cooking!

pjtexas1
12-15-2019, 08:24 PM
No need to bring another trailer to the bash. There's at least 3 every time. I don't take mine for this reason. I love the 24x42 size. Adding racks and rack slides should be an easy upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BillN
12-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Congratulations! I love it when cool things like that follow me home.

Sid Post
12-15-2019, 10:03 PM
No need to bring another trailer to the bash. There's at least 3 every time. I don't take mine for this reason. I love the 24x42 size. Adding racks and rack slides should be an easy upgrade.

In all seriousness, just a little sarcastic humor on my side.

While I may want a trailer smoker, as noted there really isn't any reason to bring another one to a BASH with all the stuff that is normally present. Now whether I will ever smoke an ~8-pound ham on a 250-gallon smoker is a totally different topic for some future date.

As a replacement for an Austin-esque patio smoker, I'm thinking small trailer at this point.

RNF
12-15-2019, 11:09 PM
I see that on facebook also, congrats on a great smoker.

70monte
12-16-2019, 08:08 AM
Nice score. I saw that on FB as well.

LordRiffenstein
12-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Congratulations on an awesome cooker!