PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Jack Pellets

lkissell
12-05-2019, 12:30 PM
I have been using Cookin' Pellets 100% Hickory for the past year with very good results, but I had wanted to try Lumber Jack pellets.

Dick's had a sale a while back, so I loaded up on Lumber Jack pellets, which I used to cook a few butts and a brisket. I have to say that in my opinion they were far superior. There was visible smoke throughout the cook, and the food had a more pronounced smoke flavor.

To top it off, they are about $10 less for 40 lbs. since I can have them shipped to my local Dick's to avoid shipping.

If you have tried them, it would be worth the investment in a bag or two. It's a really great product.

Mike Twangzer
12-05-2019, 02:21 PM
I agree. Got some recently for about 40% off with free shipping. But I've seen them also for less than $8/bag.

tom b
12-05-2019, 03:09 PM
beware of the herb blend, this bird tasted fine but it was pretty scary looking

https://i.imgur.com/MVPeMOah.jpg

I do like their normal wood blends

Doug S.
12-05-2019, 03:16 PM
i have been using cookin' pellets 100% hickory for the past year with very good results, but i had wanted to try lumber jack pellets.

Dick's had a sale a while back, so i loaded up on lumber jack pellets, which i used to cook a few butts and a brisket. I have to say that in my opinion they were far superior. There was visible smoke throughout the cook, and the food had a more pronounced smoke flavor.

To top it off, they are about $10 less for 40 lbs. Since i can have them shipped to my local dick's to avoid shipping.

If you have tried them, it would be worth the investment in a bag or two. It's a really great product.
x2 ^^^^^

TravelingJ
12-05-2019, 04:42 PM
I've stocked up when I was traveling. The local shop wants $15 a bag for them, but on the road I've found them for $8ish. I feel like it spits out more ash than the PitBoss pellets did, though. The flavor is certainly more robust.

gtsum
12-05-2019, 06:11 PM
I’ve tried most of the pellet brands and feel lumberjack is the best for me. Just had another 1000lbs of pecan and cherry delivered last week!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Westx
12-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Been using LJ since I bought my PG. really like their MHC blend but last time I bought Atwood’s was out so have been using the Hickory and Cherry and only cost $8.99 for the 20 lb bag.

TropicDad
12-05-2019, 07:08 PM
I started using them about a month ago because of what other brethren have said about them. I find they are the best I have used and plan on sticking with them.

I used the Apple pellets to cook the Thanksgiving bird and it was perfect. Very low ash in the grill after the cook too.

AWilliams
12-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Lumberjack are very good....

4ever3
12-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Are there other brands?

#lumberjackiswhereitsar

Raider18
12-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Yep best pellet brand out there.

darita
12-06-2019, 10:11 AM
I now only use the 100% flavor wood LJ, Hickory or Apple. And yes, they are the best I've used, by far.