PDA

View Full Version : Brisket Sandwich

savagebrood
11-21-2019, 05:23 PM
I’m gonna be running a brisket sandwich special at the restaurant in January. Made me think about something. What’s your favorite way to eat a brisket sandwich? Bun, toppings, sauce, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoss
11-21-2019, 05:44 PM
Texas Toast,lightly toasted.A small smear of mayo,sliced brisket,whatever sauce I am in the mood for,if any,top it off with the second slice of lightly toasted Texas Toast.Everything else served on the side.Such as pickles,onions,jalapeños,etc.

gtsum
11-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Texas Toast,lightly toasted.A small smear of mayo,sliced brisket,whatever sauce I am in the mood for,if any,top it off with the second slice of lightly toasted Texas Toast.Everything else served on the side.Such as pickles,onions,jalapeños,etc.

I’d order 2 straight away!

Memphis Elite

pjtexas1
11-21-2019, 06:17 PM
Texas toast un-toasted, meat, pickles, onions, sauce. Never heard of any other way. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Raider18
11-22-2019, 08:22 AM
#1 Chopped Brisket, grilled onion and jalapeno with American Cheese on a hoagie roll.

#2 Grilled cheese on Texas Toast, chopped brisket, jack and gouda cheese

#3 Texas Philly Style, chopped brisket, grilled onions and queso

Willy2763
11-22-2019, 09:49 PM
I put a fried egg on mine to try it out. Did not disappoint!

scp
11-22-2019, 10:10 PM
I’m a basic guy...cheap white bread...bbq sauce...French fries on the side.

Nomamm
11-22-2019, 10:48 PM
An egg and brisket sandwich is something that can’t be explained. It’s just so damn good. I do this every morning after dinner the night before.

Smoke on Badger Mountain
11-23-2019, 12:53 AM
Toasted garlic butter french roll with just a but of BBQ sauce, mayo and some sharp cheddar. That's all

Dplorable
11-23-2019, 02:17 AM
Slider style with coleslaw, cheese and onion. Joe's egg sammy looks mighty tasty as well.

Robert
11-23-2019, 05:29 AM
Texas toast buttered and toasted on both sides to brown topped with a good portion of onion strings (or french fried onions or onion rings), pickle on the side with homemade potato chips and pickle spear.

SmoothBoarBBQ
11-23-2019, 05:37 AM
If the brisket is good all you need is meat on bread. Brisket is so good that it really doesn't need anything dressing it up, and I think when you start adding a bunch of stuff to a brisket sandwich you're losing the flavor of the brisket.

When I'm serving customers I dip each brisket slice in the au jus and then it goes right on the sandwich bun. People love it and keep coming back for more. Doing simple sandwiches also keeps both the inventory and prep times low.

cholloway
11-23-2019, 09:20 AM
I’m gonna be running a brisket sandwich special at the restaurant in January. Made me think about something. What’s your favorite way to eat a brisket sandwich? Bun, toppings, sauce, etc.

I'm proud of you for not calling it a "sammie"!

pjtexas1
11-23-2019, 09:25 AM
If the brisket is good all you need is meat on bread. Brisket is so good that it really doesn't need anything dressing it up, and I think when you start adding a bunch of stuff to a brisket sandwich you're losing the flavor of the brisket.

When I'm serving customers I dip each brisket slice in the au jus and then it goes right on the sandwich bun. People love it and keep coming back for more. Doing simple sandwiches also keeps both the inventory and prep times low.Were you born in Texas?
Seems like you know a thing or 2...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

buschleaguebbq
11-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Cheap buns toasted on the grill, smear of Chipotle aoli, sliced brisket, VERY light drizzle.of q-sauce, topped with French's Fried Jalapeno's, smear of mayo on top bun. Good eatin!!

locolobo
11-23-2019, 06:45 PM

When I'm serving customers I dip each brisket slice in the au jus and then it goes right on the sandwich bun. People love it and keep coming back for more. Doing simple sandwiches also keeps both the inventory and prep times low.

My thoughts exactly. Never cared for the sweet sauces found on most brisket. Just the meat Ma'am. Pickles & onions on the side.

frognot
11-25-2019, 03:17 AM
Mesquite BBQ (downtown Mesquite, Texas) does a sandwich called the Manhandler which is Texas toast, brisket and smoked sausage. I always add sauce and a slice of onion to mine.

Cornfarmer
11-25-2019, 05:30 AM
A few years ago I stopped at a mom and pop bbq joint and the special that day was a brisket sandwich. He had it in a large pan. He had apparently sliced the brisket and then cut the slices into about 1.5 in long and mixed it all together with some sauce which I am guessing was beef broth with a little bbq sauce. He pilled it high on a large bun. It was an excellent sandwich.

chingador
11-25-2019, 06:55 AM
White bun, sliced brisket, pickles and onion is the basic deal down here.

Clay-b-que
11-25-2019, 11:02 AM
I’m in the bun brisket and maybe some sauce, but I only use sauce when the brisket is a little over done. I like mine chopped on a bun. But then again it depends on who your customers are. Many like cheese and extra stuff on it. Traditionalists don’t. Maybe better to offer a fancy version and a basics or just offer the basics and have a list of what people can add...best of both worlds.

AUswimKC
11-25-2019, 11:12 AM
The Tipsy Texan at Franklin's is killer! (chopped and sauced brisket, sausage, slaw)

Otherwise I'm simple. White bread and a little sauce. Texas Toast sounds good. That's how I serve burgers

Bob Wiley
11-25-2019, 07:20 PM
Grilled white bun. Brisket chopped or sliced.
Jalapeno and sauce on the side.
If the brisket is really good don't ruin it with the sides.
If the brisket is just average go ahead and add the sides to it.