PDA

View Full Version : Buckaroo Grills

halfcocked
09-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Anyone familiar with this product or have one? Opinions would be appreciated.

Moose
09-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Anyone familiar with this product or have one? Opinions would be appreciated.

They advertise on Craigslist out here in SoCal frequently. They appear to be a reseller for Santa Maria Outfitters grills, as well as make their own stainless steel Santa Maria type grills.

You could easily buy a 20x30 Santa Maria from SM Outfitters and retrofit it with a fan kit and save a lot of money. Personally, I don't see the need for a fan on a Santa Maria style grill.

Just my $.02.

halfcocked
09-12-2019, 12:33 PM
They advertise on Craigslist out here in SoCal frequently. They appear to be a reseller for Santa Maria Outfitters grills, as well as make their own stainless steel Santa Maria type grills.

You could easily buy a 20x30 Santa Maria from SM Outfitters and retrofit it with a fan kit and save a lot of money. Personally, I don't see the need for a fan on a Santa Maria style grill.

Just my $.02.
Thanks for the response. And yes, I picked up their ad in the local Craigs List as well. Thought it was someone selling a used unit but it turned out to be them. I will check out the Santa Maria. I agree with your assessment that a blower is not necessary.

Moose
09-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the response. And yes, I picked up their ad in the local Craigs List as well. Thought it was someone selling a used unit but it turned out to be them. I will check out the Santa Maria. I agree with your assessment that a blower is not necessary.

Our local Costco was selling 20x30 SM Outfitter grills for $299, down from $399. Hard to beat that price, since it retails for $475. That's about 560sq inches of cooking space.

halfcocked
09-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Our local Costco was selling 20x30 SM Outfitter grills for $299, down from $399. Hard to beat that price, since it retails for $475. That's about 560sq inches of cooking space.
Doubt that will ever come this far south.