PDA

View Full Version : Maiden ribs on new cooker

RandyNight
08-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Cousin-in-law who has a welding shop near my cabinet shop built this for himself. He mostly used leftover materials from other jobs and as he had time so it took awhile. I love cooking ribs but my BGE Large just won't hols enough. He pulled it over to my house, we put the word out to friends and family Saturday morning we would have ribs ready at 6:30. Our wives made slaw and beans and dessert. Over 40 people showed up and made donations to help with the expense. Guess it was a success as the donations were above our costs! I bought 10 spares and trimmed STL. The smoker was full so I did the trimmings on the BGE. We sliced ribs as we were filling plates and I was also cutting meat off the trimmings. I was surprised how many, especially women and kids liked the small trimmings instead of the bones.

24x48 RF. Worked really well.

Stingerhook
08-25-2019, 04:33 PM
I'm liking that cooker.

RandyNight
08-25-2019, 04:34 PM
more pics, looks like some load upside down and some sideways

ShadowDriver
08-25-2019, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure you could've loaded any more ribs in there, even with a shoehorn and some Crisco!

I also like the large prep surface / serving area on the trailer.

Sure sounds like a great maiden voyage for the new rig, Randy. Enjoy, brother!

RandyNight
08-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Shadow, I did enjoy it, but as I said it is the other guy's cooker. I have been feeling him out on making another one if I ever get the funds, but one thing he wants is a brake to bend the 3/16 steel. He says that would be a lot more economical than welding the joints.
Yep, 10 STLs wouldn't fit flat, we had to use the rack to help out. We also had a couple Cornish hens and sausage on for cook's treats.

4ever3
08-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Really nice looking cooker!

Cool rack for the Pelican too !