PDA

View Full Version : Beef country style ribs... how to cook?

jemezspring
08-03-2019, 06:37 PM
When I went to the store this morning the meat guy was marking down some boneless beef country style ribs. Being very frugal/cheap I bought them but when I got home to look up what to do with them I found nothing regarding grilling or smoking. I figured cooking would be similar to pork country style ribs but it doesn't seem to be.

So of course my question is have any of you don't them on a grill or smoker and if so what's the best way.

sudsandswine
08-03-2019, 06:40 PM
From what I gather they are halved chuck eye steaks - I just bought some today myself. I plan to grind mine for burgers but I think I would cook them like I would a steak if I was not grinding it. I like chuck eye steaks.

optionsmfd
08-03-2019, 06:40 PM
they come from the chuck
i did mine texas style salt and pepper
275 for an hour and then wrap till tender 205 ish
delish

cholloway
08-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Low and slow... for several hours.
I've found them to be tough and stringy otherwise.
Braising may be a good alternative.

jemezspring
08-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Okay so I cooked them up yesterday. Seasoned with SPG then on to the UDS at 250 for 3 hours. Wrapped them in a foil pan and put in the oven at 275 for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let them sit for another hour before tasting.
Impression- not for me. While it did get tender from the oven it still remained stringy and the texture I was hoping for was not there.
But not to worry they are getting repurposed into beef tacos.