PDA

View Full Version : All this A5 Wagyu talk makes me ready to buy some...

jasonjax
07-04-2019, 08:44 AM
You guys suck … but I'm not buying a grand+ brisket... what I am buying is some A5 either ribeye or maybe striploin. I want to serve my mom something special for her birthday (and the rest of us) … can be total tasting only deal and not "the meal"...

Should I pull the trigger on the Crowd Cow Japanese Kagoshima Farms or source somewhere else? I'd like it to be the real Japanese A5 Wagyu experience.

Joshw
07-04-2019, 09:02 AM
You guys suck … but I'm not buying a grand+ brisket... what I am buying is some A5 either ribeye or maybe striploin. I want to serve my mom something special for her birthday (and the rest of us) … can be total tasting only deal and not "the meal"...

Should I pull the trigger on the Crowd Cow Japanese Kagoshima Farms or source somewhere else? I'd like it to be the real Japanese A5 Wagyu experience.

I have a 13oz A5 Ribeye I bought from Crowd Cow in the fridge, hoping to cook tonight. I will post my opinions, but looking at it, it is the real deal.

campdude
07-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Costco sells A5 online. Don't know anyone who has tried it, but assuming it's the real deal because it's Costco

JAKs Q & brew
07-08-2019, 04:25 PM
I've done a few cuts of A5 form Crowd Cow. It is amazing. Unlike anything other beef i've ever had. doesn't even compare to amarican waygu.

I got mostly the trimming cuts (striploin and ribeye end pieces) cause they were so much less than center cut. It was all so tender and fatty it really didn't matter.

One thing Crowd Cow has on sale right now are whole rib caps. https://www.crowdcow.com/products/japanese-a5-wagyu-rib-caps

at less than $50/lb its not too bad. One of my favorite cuts as is, and as an A5 it is really amazing

arclite
07-08-2019, 05:27 PM
No brethren have mentioned buying the A5 packers, yet.

Last time I checked Crowd Cow had only sold 3 or 4 full packers.

The rib caps look like a good deal, but if I was going to really go all in I'd try to get my hands on a 16 oz, center cut ribeye steak.

Bacchus2b
07-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Check out this guy cooking one A-5 Ribeye three different ways on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBa1JpXVpo

Certainly inspired me! My Crowd Cow Ribeye will be defrosted as soon as I have worthy friends around to share.

gtsum
07-08-2019, 08:47 PM
I’ve seen enough also. Placing order for a couple of the 17oz a5 ribeyes. Never tried it before so looking forward to it

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro