PDA

View Full Version : My LSG Large Cabinet Chronicles

BuffaloDave
07-03-2019, 07:25 AM
So I got my grill last week....so far it has exceeded my expectations. I'm not using any fans or controllers as I'd like to really get a feel for it. I figure rather than start 10 threads i'll just document some cooks here.

First cook after seasoning was the very next morning. Breakfast sausage meatballs dusted with honey hog and cherry smoked. Had them on toast with soft scrambled eggs.

BuffaloDave
07-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Went to the butcher and got a couple off cuts for fun. First is "tommy gun" pork ribs. My butcher says when a pig gets to 350+ he cuts them this way so the ribs aren't abnormally long. These were from a manga cross and I rubbed them with killer hogs hot.

The second is trimmed plate rib ends of a grass fed local steer. Seasoned them with meatchurch holy cow.

BuffaloDave
07-03-2019, 07:38 AM
I used hickory and a little cherry, and spritzed both with diluted acv.

The pork cooked up like the perfect little snackable size- I braised some beet green thinnings from my garden and had them atop some yellow corn grits. The beef was a great snack but I loved theway the pork came out- never saw them cut that way but I'll get them everytime!

creek bottom
07-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Everything looks AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!! It appears you're getting the hang of the new cooker! :clap2:

BuffaloDave
07-03-2019, 07:58 AM
Everything looks AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!! It appears you're getting the hang of the new cooker! :clap2:

Thank you! I took the time to go through the 110+ pages on here (maybe twice) while anxiously waiting it's delivery. There are great tips throughout. I got the diffuser plate and while it takes a bit longer to heat up, it holds temp FOREVER. I had it dialed in @250 with no fussing for 8+ hrs... can't wait to do a long overnight brisket cook.

Stingerhook
07-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Nice cooks Dave.

BuffettFan
07-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Great looking cooker and chow!
Could we see the inside?

KClandcruiser
07-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Wow, that all looks incredible. Looks like you're off to a great start!

InThePitBBQ
07-03-2019, 08:39 AM
The color and textures on those cooks are really impressive Dave! That LSG is a fantastic smoker.

Big George's BBQ
07-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Very Nice Congrats and Enjoy

LordRiffenstein
07-03-2019, 09:08 AM
Congratulations on a killer cooker, food looks delicious!

BuffaloDave
07-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys! Im definitely loving this cooker. Did some cherry smoked wings that I finished over charcoal with a black cherry bbq glaze. Some spicy pickles made by my buddy and that's dinner.

BuffaloDave
07-05-2019, 05:48 AM
Great looking cooker and chow!
Could we see the inside?

Thanks!

I got the extra racks and the sausage bars. So far I haven't cooked on more than 1 rack, I need to throw
a party to load it up.

I have some belly curing for maple bacon which I'm going to hang and smoke sunday.

BuffaloDave
07-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Bigger cook last sunday.... maple cured bacon, pastrami, ribs and chicken thighs. First time using the rods, bacon was great! Bark a little spotty on the pastrami but the flavor/ texture was on point.

Big George's BBQ
07-10-2019, 03:31 PM
YUM Very Nice cooks

KORND4WG X
07-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Wow you’re knocking it out of the park. Nice! :clap2:

Porcine Aviator
07-10-2019, 04:22 PM
I don't know what you were cooking on before, but if it is an offset— how's the smoke on the food compare?

I have been using a vertical for almost 2 years, and I find it equal to the quality of the offset with the added advantages you have mentioned. I do use an Auber 2615 controller, although it is more for remote access than anything else. Mine is not the same brand as yours, but it seems that any of the well fabricated verticals will maintain rock solid temps for hours on end.

I am sure you will like it even more as you use it.

BuffaloDave
07-11-2019, 03:38 AM
I was a WSM guy before this but I have no complaints!