PDA

View Full Version : Christening Cook

HPD510
07-02-2019, 07:12 PM
So the new Hunsaker came in last week, but work put off any sort of work with it until now. Got it seasoned the other day and decided to load it up today. It was a day of many firsts. First time ever doing STL ribs, rib tips, spatchcock chicken, chicken cordon bleu and first time ever cooking on a drum style period. Also added to the menu was a couple fatties. Everything turned out absolutely amazing. The ribs were even more tender than my liking, hence the bones that fell into the grate when trying to take them inside when they were done. Flavor profiles were unlike anything I’ve ever had though! Also my apologies for the sideways photos, not honestly sure how to fix them. Just wanted to say thanks to all the brethren that helped get me steered in the right direction and helping me chose the smoker that fit me and my needs the best!

Stingerhook
07-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Looks great Nick!

SmittyJonz
07-02-2019, 08:03 PM
:clap2:

Jackson Boys BBQ
07-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Awesome first cook! It’s tough seeing these Hunsaker posts because I am literally hairs away from ordering one myself. Ahhh.. how can I get one more cooker into my backyard without the wife noticing... :decision:

HPD510
07-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Awesome first cook! It’s tough seeing these Hunsaker posts because I am literally hairs away from ordering one myself. Ahhh.. how can I get one more cooker into my backyard without the wife noticing... :decision:

Do it!! I put months of research into every smoker under the sun before settling on this one that was thrown to me as a recommendation. Couldn’t be happier! Although I didn’t have a hard time convincing the purchase since I didn’t have any other smokers sitting around lol

ronbrad62
07-03-2019, 07:17 AM
Nick, that was one exceptional first cook! Instead of trying to master one thing at a time, you went all in. Kudos for taking on such a big challenge right off the bat and for a successful endeavor.

creek bottom
07-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Looks FANTASTIC!!! Congrats!!! :thumb:

KClandcruiser
07-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Looks like a great inaugural run! Beautiful cooker!

Big George's BBQ
07-03-2019, 08:54 AM
You absolutely nailed that I see a lot of fun in your future

jermoQ
07-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Man, that all looks good! I am ready to load my stuff up tomorrow!

As for the pictures being sideways, I found that if I rotate my phone a 1/4 turn counter clockwise, and take the picture with the phone sideways, they are oriented correctly when I post them. If I take a picture with my phone held up normally, the picture will be sideways like yours are. Maybe that will help?

arclite
07-03-2019, 04:44 PM
I have to admit I didn’t know what a UDS was until I found the Brethren. They sure look like fun.

And delicious looking ribs, sir!

HPD510
07-03-2019, 05:40 PM
JermoQ, I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the guidance. Arclite, I very faintly knew about them, but am beyond satisfied with getting one. Can’t wait to try some other things in the weeks to come

cowgirl
07-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Looks great!

rwalters
07-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Sweet cooker... congrats!! I’ve had my eye on a Hunsaker for awhile now. What were you cooking on prior to the Hunsaker?

HPD510
07-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Sweet cooker... congrats!! I’ve had my eye on a Hunsaker for awhile now. What were you cooking on prior to the Hunsaker?

Well I grew up with a cheap offset. The past year though all I had was a Weber kettle that I learned how to use as a smoker when needed too.

cfrazier77
07-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Congrats, that looks great.