PDA

View Full Version : free beef ribs!...

gcs
06-19-2019, 03:31 PM
To me....My son sent me 14# of grass fed beef ribs the other day. From some company I never heard of, it was nice of them to send the 4 racks frozen together, :cry:

I get them separated, after a struggle, they look like the upper , tail end of ribeye ribs, so they should be tender, but,..it looks like the butcher took lessons from me when I cut up a deer, cut away and stack the chunks in the bed of the pickup, lol

looked like midnight acquired beef, bless their hearts.... lol.

I'll give some a go this weekend, They look like they'll be pretty good.

Big George's BBQ
06-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Nothing wrong with free Sounds like Good Eats to me

cowgirl
06-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Nice gift!

sliding_billy
06-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Free and hard to unpack is still a win in my eyes.

gcs
06-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining... just making some pithy observations, lol

InThePitBBQ
06-19-2019, 04:26 PM
To me....My son sent me 14# of grass fed beef ribs the other day. From some company I never heard of, it was nice of them to send the 4 racks frozen together, :cry:

I get them separated, after a struggle, they look like the upper , tail end of ribeye ribs, so they should be tender, but,..it looks like the butcher took lessons from me when I cut up a deer, cut away and stack the chunks in the bed of the pickup, lol

looked like midnight acquired beef, bless their hearts.... lol.

I'll give some a go this weekend, They look like they'll be pretty good.

"Midnight Acquired Beef" Oh man, here I thought we were the only ones that had this problem.

Next county over brings much of the rich and vibrant types for the seasonal trailer manufacturing jobs and your prize Angus will disappear out of the pasture at night in 25 pounds chunks if you don't keep an eye out and couple of dogs running the show.

~Enjoy the ribs! :grin:

blazinfire
06-19-2019, 04:35 PM
HAHAHA! reminds me of a time I purchased a 6lb rib roast.. was planning on cooking for us and friends. Things happened I didn't get around to doing the cook. It comes frozen from the local farm's butcher.. and this thing was frozen whole.. So one day I was craving a rib roast but not a 6lb rib roast for two people!!

I used everything from Knives to a hacksaw to cut this rib roast in half for a smaller portion.. Those who says cutting any frozen meat with a hacksaw is easy.. I will argue til I turn blue!! haha

Mike in Roseville
06-19-2019, 11:37 PM
If I learned one thing from my dad it's this: free watermelons taste almost as good as stolen watermelons. :-D

Not quite...but pretty close. :thumb:

A cow is a little more complicated than a watermelon.