PDA

View Full Version : Bent Weber 26"?

Bacchus2b
06-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Either my yard guy or my pool guy managed to knock my Weber 26' off of my patio deck into the grass (10" to 12" drop), and then put it back on my patio.

I opened it up to use this morning and the Charcoal Grate and Slow 'N Sear were not in their normal positions, and my lid will no longer close on the bowl. My lid holder also got bent. Questions:

- Is there an easy way to determine if my lid is bent or my bowl, or both?

- Any way to fix either issue besides ordering new parts or a new grill?

I use my 26" for reverse sear a lot, and it's definitely hard to manage temperatures with the lid not seating.

BuffettFan
06-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Take a tape measure and measure across the diameter of the bowl and lid till you find which or if both are bent.
Lay the bent one on the ground high side up and push.
It might take a few tries but you should be able to get it back in shape.
Still sucks that you have to do this, however.

Bacchus2b
06-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Great idea - Thanks!

Nuco59
06-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Not a big deal - give it "hugs" until it's back in round. Unless you are anal about keeping it clean, you might wear one of your 'bbq shirts'

Ain't hatin' but some of you fellas on this site have it pretty good:
26 weber
pool guy
yard guy

If my 22 weber takes a tumble, it's probably my dumb A$$ that:
1) did it
2) has to fix it. :grin:

Bacchus2b
06-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Not a big deal - give it "hugs" until it's back in round. Unless you are anal about keeping it clean, you might wear one of your 'bbq shirts'

Ain't hatin' but some of you fellas on this site have it pretty good:
26 weber
pool guy
yard guy

If my 22 weber takes a tumble, it's probably my dumb A$$ that:
1) did it
2) has to fix it. :grin:

Usually it is my dumb A$$ that did it! My wife already complains about the number of "bbq shirts" I own. :grin: Some stains never come out....

Nuco59
06-16-2019, 06:04 PM
I get fussed at too about my bbq wardrobe. Usually i get a new one every time i say "I'll be careful- just gonna peek" I have a UDS that sits up on wheels a tad taller than your run of the mill 55 gallon.

It's a "BBQ shirt making mo fo- fo sho"