More details here:

https://www.bbqguys.com/nuke/delta-argentinian-style-gaucho-grill-delta02

I want one...:decision:

4ever3
06-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Ah chit...

jdtTX
06-12-2019, 09:32 PM
That's a better price than I was expecting.

KORND4WG X
06-12-2019, 09:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgYlArVY3M&feature=youtu.be

Do you have a Kudu? Probably can cook similarly :decision:

Moose
06-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Do you have a Kudu? Probably can cook similarly :decision:

I do, but it's kind of comparing apples and oranges. The Nuke has more features I like...

tom b
06-12-2019, 09:47 PM
saw that in another thread, the lid feature is a nice add to SM style cooking

Hoss
06-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Fun lookin toy.

InThePitBBQ
06-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Ah chit...

Yea, that's the grill I needed and didn't know existed until now.

That's a better price than I was expecting.

I was surprised it doesn't cost more to, I'm gonna order one that's really perfect for most of the cooking I do for the house and the warming cabinet is really a nice feature.

Moose
06-13-2019, 12:08 AM
Yea, that's the grill I needed and didn't know existed until now.

I was surprised it doesn't cost more to, I'm gonna order one that's really perfect for most of the cooking I do for the house and the warming cabinet is really a nice feature.

So you'll take one for the team and order one? That was fast! :mrgreen:

It would be great to see a fellow Brethren get one and put it through its paces so we can see how you like it. :thumb:

:pop2:

effinUker
06-13-2019, 05:59 AM
Looks like it'd be a blast to cook on.

smokymtnjonny
06-13-2019, 06:31 AM
To me, it’s not really Argentine style without the v shaped cooking channels. Great looking grill, though!

LloydQ
06-13-2019, 06:58 AM
That is very intriguing!

Moose
06-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Here's a video illustrating some interesting cooking uses for the firebox side of the grill:

https://youtu.be/fg33neYr2QQ?list=PLm5PUHT7eEjpHRVfIpKTf_oj_95smTHx N

I estimate about 1/2 gallon of olive oil was used in this video. :biggrin1:

Shagdog
06-13-2019, 11:27 AM
Dangit moose. I didn't even know about it, but I totally need that now.

KClandcruiser
06-13-2019, 11:30 AM
That is one sweet looking cooker! Seems like the possibilities are endless for it

Moose
06-13-2019, 11:42 AM
So far, I see one potential drawback for this cooker, and that is the way the side firebox is set up. This cooker is a no-no for anyone living in a fire danger zone, obviously.

Also, it seems like it would work best to the fire started by using good size chunks of lump. For shorter cooks, you could just use hardwood lump, though for longer cooks, you could add chunks of wood or small splits once the lump gets good and hot.

If your lump charcoal is sparky, maybe it would work better to get it going in a chimney starter first.

Just thinking out loud about basic practicality and function...

I also notice the grates are porcelain coated, and cooking grate is 21-24. More spec details here:

https://www.bbqguys.com/nuke/delta-argentinian-style-gaucho-grill-delta02#key-features

Big George's BBQ
06-13-2019, 12:27 PM
I want one too but someone in my house would VETO it :tsk::biggrin1:

InThePitBBQ
06-13-2019, 01:25 PM
So you'll take one for the team and order one? That was fast! :mrgreen:

It would be great to see a fellow Brethren get one and put it through its paces so we can see how you like it. :thumb:

I need a larger grill for the house, and I'm sitting here trying to weight the pro's and con's between this and a Weber ranch kettle.

I pretty much know I'll love the results and food off the Weber, not sold on this quite yet but I do like the design.

I do most of my grilling offset on a 22" kettle, charcoal on about 1/3 of the lower grate and foil liner to catch the drippings on the other 2/3 and I cook over that larger area occasionally moving things over coals as needed.

Not 100% I can duplicate the flavors and texture I want with the Argentine grill and wood coals versus charcoal and a kettle.

Devin
06-13-2019, 03:09 PM
That grill looks pretty sweet, I think it would look nice as a built in unit

BobBrisket
06-13-2019, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgYlArVY3M&feature=youtu.be

More details here:

https://www.bbqguys.com/nuke/delta-argentinian-style-gaucho-grill-delta02

Wow, that is a really cool and compact design for home use. I bet someone could build a clone version of it.

Bob

To me, it’s not really Argentine style without the v shaped cooking channels. Great looking grill, though!

I was thinking the same thing. I will bet they didn't go with the angle iron for a few reasons: Less shipping weight, those angle grates are normally one solid welded piece (those rod grates are easier to remove etc), lastly, the angle grates will also channel the grease toward the front or back end which would make for lots of grease dripping and accumulating in those areas. (with the rod grates, all the grease falls on the coals or bricks and is dealt with there.)

Really nice design. The lid and the lower warming cabinet are nice.

Baby Back Maniac
06-13-2019, 07:10 PM
I just watched this. That cooker looks like so much fun.

charcoalwilly
06-13-2019, 09:21 PM
So far, I see one potential drawback for this cooker, and that is the way the side firebox is set up. This cooker is a no-no for anyone living in a fire danger zone, obviously.

Clever design, but I would definitely want a drop-down front on firebox along with a wind guard. Always seems to get gusty in the late afternoon where I live right when I’m firing up the grill.

Would love to see some cooks on this one if you pull the trigger.

Eads Ranch
06-13-2019, 09:50 PM
I just watched this. That cooker looks like so much fun.

I agree. I'd love to try it out.

4ever3
06-14-2019, 09:02 AM
I keep watching the videos... :rolleyes:

Man that thing would be fun.

pitbossJB
06-14-2019, 10:56 AM
I've got to have one of those. I think I'll build one although the price is really pretty good. Either way there is one in my future.

4ever3
06-14-2019, 11:19 AM
I’m thinking build one too el jefe...

I’m thinking all stainless.

jermoQ
06-14-2019, 11:35 AM
That is a cool cooker. You could make some killer food on that once you learn temp control.

Moose
06-14-2019, 11:40 AM
I've been thinking about my observations about getting fuel going in the Nuke firegrate. If I had this cooker right now, I'd use the firebox in my offset to start the fire using splits, then when the splits were burned down enough, I'd add them to the Nuke firegrate. From there, I'd keep adding smaller wood chunks as needed to the Nuke firegrate.

Thoughts?

Also, it seems like it would work best to the fire started by using good size chunks of lump. For shorter cooks, you could just use hardwood lump, though for longer cooks, you could add chunks of wood or small splits once the lump gets good and hot.

If your lump charcoal is sparky, maybe it would work better to get it going in a chimney starter first.

angryelfFan
06-14-2019, 11:43 AM
oH dAmN!!! Likes others have posted, after watching the video I thought for sure it would have a higher price tag. Can't wait for one of you farkers to buy one and put up a review.

robert-r
06-14-2019, 12:23 PM
Desperate wanting.

pitbossJB
06-14-2019, 12:28 PM
I've been thinking about my observations about getting fuel going in the Nuke firegrate. If I had this cooker right now, I'd use the firebox in my offset to start the fire using splits, then when the splits were burned down enough, I'd add them to the Nuke firegrate. From there, I'd keep adding smaller wood chunks as needed to the Nuke firegrate.

Thoughts?

I think I would start a chimney of lump in a Weber and dump it in the fire-grate and then put splits on from there. But have a separate door in front of the coals in case of wind.

angryelfFan
06-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Favorite line from video "Delta is perfect for anyone that loves to play with fire".

pitbossJB
06-14-2019, 02:43 PM
Favorite line from video "Delta is perfect for anyone that loves to play with fire".

That one spoke to me as well!

Zak
06-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Deffinately do not use that thing if it's windy out, one wrong gust and you got a lot of sparks and smoke coming right at ya, and hopefully you're wearing a shirt and something other than sandals. It sure seems like a glorified Santa Maria grill. Speaking of which, i'm hoping to get around to making one this weekend for a 22" kettle.

4ever3
06-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Deffinately do not use that thing if it's windy out, one wrong gust and you got a lot of sparks and smoke coming right at ya, and hopefully you're wearing a shirt and something other than sandals. It sure seems like a glorified Santa Maria grill. Speaking of which, i'm hoping to get around to making one this weekend for a 22" kettle.

POst pics of that bad boy if you do!

chingador
06-14-2019, 03:35 PM
that looks like a lot of fun. As others have said, since it is an Argentinean grill some v grates would be nice to see.

frankenfab
06-14-2019, 05:31 PM
I've got to have one of those. I think I'll build one although the price is really pretty good. Either way there is one in my future.

I would like to build one, too. Looks like there is a rack and pinion on each end of the center of the grill that's in the warming box?

4ever3
06-14-2019, 07:19 PM
The green light is on for a stainless grill!

Gotta start making a materials list...

Moose
06-14-2019, 07:53 PM
The green light is on for a stainless grill!

Gotta start making a materials list...

jdtTX
06-14-2019, 09:03 PM
I've been looking at these types of grills for a long time. those available in the US are always really damn expensive. They are available in Europe and South America but shipping is difficult so the price ends up just as high. This looks like a great deal considering the convenience.

JWFokker
06-14-2019, 10:28 PM

All I see is a Santa Maria with a lid and cool marketing.

TealStBBQKing
06-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Oh man, one grill to rule them all! My precious :wink:

Radrob
06-15-2019, 01:05 PM
It reminds me of a cheaper made version of the pit Pitmaster X has. This has shelves on two sides and you can roast from the sides and the bottom. Does anyone know anything about this pit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v99SnOJLRE

Moose
06-15-2019, 01:54 PM
It reminds me of a cheaper made version of the pit Pitmaster X has. This has shelves on two sides and you can roast from the sides and the bottom. Does anyone know anything about this pit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v99SnOJLRE

Looks like a custom job...