PDA

View Full Version : Sauce and Rubs sold in Los Angeles

IamMadMan
05-11-2019, 06:49 AM
Looking to expand my horizons of flavor, and have heard a lot of great reviews about California Style Regional BBQ.

Browsing the web looking for rubs from the Los Angeles are, and little or none comes up in the browser search. So I ask the BBQ-Brethren in that area what they prefer / recomend to use that can be found in and around that general geographical area?

My daughter will be staying just outside of LA for a month, and I want to give her a small list of items to look for. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mike in Roseville
05-11-2019, 04:17 PM
You can order online:

https://susieqbrand.com

Mike in Roseville
05-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Also another popular one:

http://www.pappyschoice.com/

Mike in Roseville
05-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Kinder’s and Oakland Dust are two others to check out. They both make sauces and rubs.

gtr
05-11-2019, 04:48 PM
The CA rubs I go for are ones I'm sure you already know about - the Simply Marvelous, Big Poppa, and Naturiffic stuff.

I may or may not have heard somewhere that Bigmista may or may not be making his rubs available again, and those are fantastic - but that'll be an Oregon thang these days.

I don't know if you like dried chilis or Mexican oregano or anything like that - but that might be something fun to get in the area.

Mike in Roseville
05-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Looking to expand my horizons of flavor, and have heard a lot of great reviews about California Style Regional BBQ.

Browsing the web looking for rubs from the Los Angeles are, and little or none comes up in the browser search. So I ask the BBQ-Brethren in that area what they prefer / recomend to use that can be found in and around that general geographical area?

My daughter will be staying just outside of LA for a month, and I want to give her a small list of items to look for. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the stuff you can get online.

Susie Q and Oakland Dust are excellent. I have had so much Pappy's that I got burned out on it about a decade ago. Butcher's throw it on chicken, tri tip, pork steaks, veggies...everything! Just the smell of it makes me want to eat a salad. The Pappy's Fajita seasoning, on the other hand, is really good!

Kinder's is ok. Some of their rubs and sauces are good...others are kinda meh. 5 Monkey's (out of Modesto) makes a BBQ sauce. Some people really like it (I didn't really care for it).

gambler
05-12-2019, 12:56 PM
There is a bbq restaurant in Huntington Beach CA that sells their homemade rubs. It's called Old Crow Smokehouse. Their beef and pork rubs are pretty good. Bought them a couple of times. They are not pre packaged, they put it in a 'to go' container for you.

C Rocke
05-12-2019, 01:02 PM
The Rub Company - Thad and Ryan Chester