PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from Academy

ChetPunisher
05-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Has anyone had a Pecos shipped from Academy? How was the service? Would you do it again? Thanks

SmittyJonz
05-02-2019, 03:42 PM
A few have -one fellar in California - but I can’t find the thread . Cheap shipping so no crating -it’s strapped on a pallet. Most people say when it showed up to the house it was like Billy Bob’s delivery service - box truck with no liftgate - so you have to manhandle it out of the back of the truck from chest high. But that’s why shipping is like $ 150 versus $600-$800.

WilliamKY
05-02-2019, 03:57 PM
A few have -one fellar in California - but I canít find the thread . Cheap shipping so no crating -itís strapped on a pallet. Most people say when it showed up to the house it was like Billy Bobís delivery service - box truck with no liftgate - so you have to manhandle it out of the back of the truck from chest high. But thatís why shipping is like $ 150 versus $600-$800.
I was interested in the Brazos and asked a question about it's delivery (Do I need some friends to help?) One reply told me theirs was delivered and unloaded by the driver and the truck had a lift gate. Maybe the delivery changed or maybe it depends on the Academy store shipping it.

SmittyJonz
05-02-2019, 04:28 PM
I was interested in the Brazos and asked a question about it's delivery (Do I need some friends to help?) One reply told me theirs was delivered and unloaded by the driver and the truck had a lift gate. Maybe the delivery changed or maybe it depends on the Academy store shipping it.

They ship from their online warehouses or distribution centers ( I think)- they have a couple spread out -not sure where. They contract with local delivery guys so depends on your area and who they get to deliver it I guess.
Unless things have changed. Each thread I saw had a different delivery company - small local guys.

drunkenmeatfist
05-02-2019, 05:24 PM
I've seen a few people say that you would probably want to go there and get the one you want yourself due to inconsistencies in quality like gaps in the doors and such.

BBQ Freak
05-02-2019, 05:33 PM
I would have shipped to a local store even if i had to drive a little just to make sure it is good shape and inspect it but that might not be a option for y too . my store 20 miles the road been stocking them up big time and other models .

NC Native
05-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Find a friend with a pickup and get it from the store. Loaded and unloaded my OC Wrangler with another guy no problem. Wouldn't attempt this with the Brazos...

SmittyJonz
05-02-2019, 11:54 PM
Ain’t no Academy stores where he lives, Guys.........

stepheneleven
05-03-2019, 02:00 AM
I've seen a few people say that you would probably want to go there and get the one you want yourself due to inconsistencies in quality like gaps in the doors and such.

This.

Just sent my Brazos back on Wednesday. Quarter inch gap on the left side of the door. Tried gasketing but the gap was beyond even that helping. You will definitely wanna see it in person or be ready to send it back until you get a good one. Iím done after one, saving a little more money for something else.