PDA

View Full Version : Dick's Sporting Goods sale

Joshw
04-11-2019, 02:41 AM
They currently have a sale going on $20 off $100 order, and free shipping over $49. Thought I would post, for those that have a hard time finding Lumber Jack pellets. You can get 8 bags for $12.50 a bag delivered.

SmoothBoarBBQ
04-11-2019, 07:12 AM
I saw this yesterday and it said max quantity on pellets was 6 bags.

Lahawk1
04-11-2019, 07:16 AM
Atwoods still has them for 6.99 per bag.

Joshw
04-11-2019, 08:50 AM

Not sure, I put 8 bags in my cart, and total price was $99 and some change.

Joshw
04-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Atwoods still has them for 6.99 per bag.

That's where I get mine. I have ordered from Dick's before. They ahve a better selection than my Atwoods. There are a lot of people, that don't have an Atwoods nearby.

dward51
04-11-2019, 03:27 PM

But is that 6 bags total, or 6 bags of a flavor?

Edit --------\
7 bags is the minimum to get the $20 discount. It's a flat $20 off $100, not a percentage, so buying 8 or more actually starts to bump the price per bag upward again. I was able to select 5 bags of the Competition blend and 2 of the Fruitwood Blend, for a total of 7 bags and it came to $84.93 ($12.13 per bag or $104.93 before discount) with the $20 discount and free shipping. I'm one of those with no Atwoods anywhere near me so this is one of the best prices on Lumberjack around here.

My UPS driver is going to hate me again (140lbs of pellets)

But I can't justify the "by the ton" quantity pricing at BBQ Pellets Online which is even better at around $5.xx a 20lb bag. I don't need that much. Atwoods will ship to me, but it's $55 just for shipping with a 6 bag limit so the Dicks price is cheaper for 7 bags for me (as much as I hate giving Dicks money)

kfdvm
04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Sorry not going to purchase anything from Dick’s.

Winterhawk1960
04-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Sorry not going to purchase anything from Dickís.

Me either......I believe their "gun free" ship, is sinking.

SonnyE
04-11-2019, 11:44 PM
I went into our local Dick's one day to see if the sold reloading supplies.
Just on a whim, I was nearby.
Some girl told me, "We don't sell anything that hurts animals."
I asked her if they sold fishing gear. They do. (https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&DSGsearchType=Keyword&pageSize=48&nowcs=&searchTerm=Fishing+Gear&advsearch=true&selectedStore=935)

:loco:
:crazy:

I've never been back. I can choose to not patronise Hypocrites.

Joshw
04-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Sorry not going to purchase anything from Dick’s.

Me either......I believe their "gun free" ship, is sinking.

I went into our local Dick's one day to see if the sold reloading supplies.
Just on a whim, I was nearby.
Some girl told me, "We don't sell anything that hurts animals."
I asked her if they sold fishing gear. They do. (https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&DSGsearchType=Keyword&pageSize=48&nowcs=&searchTerm=Fishing+Gear&advsearch=true&selectedStore=935)

:loco:
:crazy:

I've never been back. I can choose to not patronise Hypocrites.

I almost didn't post this, because I knew this would come up. I just don't get it. I believe a company has the right to sell or not sell anything they want. It is America. I shop at a lot of stores that don't sell guns.

Happy Hapgood
04-12-2019, 12:45 AM
Too many other good places that respect the Constitution of the USA around here. No more Dicks.

Speeed
04-12-2019, 10:21 AM
I believe a company has the right to sell or not sell anything they want.

You are 100% correct. We also have the right to "vote" with our money and spend it where we choose.

Not to send this thread down this road but the issue isn't with Dicks "selling or not selling anything they want" it's with HOW they did it. Destroying/disposing of 1000's of firearms and magazines and then hiring lobbyist to further erode constitutional rights that are already under a daily onslaught of attacks. No thanks. Cant support that.

If they wanted to get out of the gun business...fine. They should have got out, 100% out.
They made a tactical error and it's costing them. As it should in my opinion.

I support those that support America. I won't be a bit heartbroken when Dicks closes it doors.

Dmakkk
04-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Here is a current article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-29/dick-s-dks-ceo-ed-stack-says-gun-shift-cut-sales-by-150m

West River BBQ
04-12-2019, 10:48 AM
You are 100% correct. We also have the right to "vote" with our money and spend it where we choose.

Not to send this thread down this road but the issue isn't with Dicks "selling or not selling anything they want" it's with HOW they did it. Destroying/disposing of 1000's of firearms and magazines and then hiring lobbyist to further erode constitutional rights that are already under a daily onslaught of attacks. No thanks. Cant support that.

If they wanted to get out of the gun business...fine. They should have got out, 100% out.
They made a tactical error and it's costing them. As it should in my opinion.

I support those that support America. I won't be a bit heartbroken when Dicks closes it doors.

Yes, all true. However, I'm pretty sure that the NRA and other gun advocates have lobbyists as well. And I'm not sure when opposing guns was "un-American." Shop where you want and please support the first amendment as much as the second.

dward51
04-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Yes, all true. However, I'm pretty sure that the NRA and other gun advocates have lobbyists as well. And I'm not sure when opposing guns was "un-American." Shop where you want and please support the first amendment as much as the second.

What is un-American is any group deciding it can make a choice for others. That is not freedom of any sort. The NRA is lobbying for the ability of individual to continue to have a choice (as many will argue was codified in the Constitution), not suppress that choice option. If Dick's or anybody wants to not sell or buy guns, that is fine. However once you start lobbying to suppress a right or free choice of others, that is another thing altogether. That is where Dicks', well stepped on their collective dicks IMO.

I care not what choices you/they make until you affect my choices or ability to make a choice. That is what freedom is all about - free choice, and your right to make and live with the results of choices.

I have not spent a dime at Dicks in years based on their choice, until this week. And this was purely an economic choice on my part. I can buy 20lb bags of Lumberjack delivered for $12 a bag on this sale or pay considerably more elsewhere (by the time I figure in shipping). Much as I dislike giving them money, at least it's not as much as it would otherwise be. And I will return to my stance of preferring to spend my money elsewhere where it benefits me or I can find other viable options.

Oddly enough Dick's still sells pellet guns and accessories. Or is their argument for that is they are for target shooting? Well the same could be said about other firearms.... and so it continues.

D&D BBQ
04-12-2019, 12:31 PM
I hate it when stores take away my right to buy a bazooka!!! Freeeeeeedooommm!!!

Bigdawg580
04-12-2019, 06:16 PM
I wouldn’t take anything from them if they were giving it away. Hell I would divorce my wife if I caught her shopping in that store

SirPorkaLot
04-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Deleted

SonnyE
04-12-2019, 06:34 PM
No one cares about your or Dickís political leanings.

This a bbq forum.

Keep it to that please

Oh, I do.
I go over to the Super Walmart right across the road and buy all sorts of stuff.
In fact, that Walmart was where I first bought Pellets to begin my transition away from Bradley's overpriced and under available Pucks.
Not to blow up your Dick's fantasy, just to state that I shop where they think instead of advocate.

We return you to your regularly programmed pablum.... :clap:

dward51
04-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Guy's I may have the last laugh on Dicks......

I just received my tracking info on my 7 bags of Lumberjack pellets. They are shipping each 20lb bag in a separate UPS order! I got free shipping and with the sale price, plus $20 off $100 on top of that they have to be loosing money on this order. Even with a corporate volume shipper account at UPS, that is probably $7 a bag on 7 bags. Made me feel a little better about buying something from Dicks after all these years.

Norm
04-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Sorry Josh, when I saw you post this I figured it turn into a clusterfark. It's a good price and if you don't like dick's don't buy from them.

Madison has one that I browsed through looking for some certain free weights, high priced and not that great of customer service. Not any chance I'll go again.

Joshw
04-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Sorry Josh, when I saw you post this I figured it turn into a clusterfark. It's a good price and if you don't like dick's don't buy from them.

Madison has one that I browsed through looking for some certain free weights, high priced and not that great of customer service. Not any chance I'll go again.

No worries Norm, I knew it was coming. I only posted it, because I have seen several people, complaining that they couldn't find LJ pellets at a descent price. I figured people could make their own choices. I have been a gun owner, practically my whole life, and will be the rest of my life. I have purchased from Dick's all of one time, and that was for some pellets, that I couldn't find locally. They had the best deal I could find, and I would be shocked if they made money on the deal. I doubt I will every buy anything else from them, but I personally don't have a problem with them not selling guns. From what I have seen about the guy, he is doing it for his own peace of mind.

Mrs B
04-13-2019, 01:43 AM
I love Dicks. I love Dicks a lot. I loved dicks before they even were dicks, they used to be chicks in California . In fact it's transgender rebirth made me want to support and spend more money there than ever before. I've bought more shoes and leggings from Dick's than I have bought chicken from staters, much to Tom's dismay. I believe strongly in our 2nd amendment rights. I believe strongly in our 1st amendment rights. I am a teacher, and I also emotionally have struggled when students genuinely question our school safety. My school has had practice during in-service sessions about how to best deal with semi-automatic assault rifle threats in my job of teaching and protecting children. When a private business supports their beliefs; I have respect. Bass-pro shops sold me a really cute jacket in March. In Cali they also sell guns. I R-E-S-P-E-C-T, (Aretha reference), businesses and people who believe strongly in something and are not afraid to stand up for it. If you believe and stand up for your 2nd amendment rights and you truly believe reform means anarchy, I appreciate your passion and thought process. We are all the same: People with family, and values, and goals, and dreams and compassion and kindness.

We are all the same on the insides. No matter what we may look like on the outside, were all the same if we were to be opened up. We need to start embracing our differences on the outside and seeing each other as equals for who we are.

It does not matter what race you are, what religion you practice, what your gender or your sexuality is. We are all people and we are all after the same thing in life: happiness. Stay focused on yourself.

ďOur differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.Ē Ė Bill Clinton

What makes the world such an interesting place is all the different people who live on it. If everyone was exactly the same, the world would be a very boring place. We all have to realize that our differences is what makes life worthwhile and the same. The reality of Tom and me: We are different and have different beliefs. But we can respect each other and he truly appreciates the fact I LOVE DICK.

Lawnguy
04-13-2019, 05:57 AM
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it, and then hand it to them with the well fought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don't do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free.

Ronald Reagan

muncie21
04-13-2019, 08:05 AM
No dicks for me.

GSDGuy
04-13-2019, 09:07 AM
My problem is they have hired a lobbyist to curtail my 2nd amendment rights:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30230/dicks-sporting-goods-hires-anti-gun-lobbyists-emily-zanotti

I don't have a problem with people making a decision of what to sell. It's their choice as a business. A barber should not be forced to sell wallpaper. I do have a problem purchasing products from a company that supports attempting to ending my freedoms.

That being said...

There are plenty of products and companies out there that that donate too all sorts of causes that I don't like, including us through our taxes. We indirectly give to all sorts of organizations we don't agree with. Proctor and Gamble for example donates to a tons of organizations, many I probably don't like. If you traced all this stuff and stayed true to your beliefs, I'm betting there would be very little we could purchase from companies.

We live in a difficult time, standing on the rocky edge between freedom and tyranny. I pray and weep for our daughters future.

For the record, I don't shop at Dick's.

Joshw
04-13-2019, 09:36 AM
My problem is they have hired a lobbyist to curtail my 2nd amendment rights:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30230/dicks-sporting-goods-hires-anti-gun-lobbyists-emily-zanotti

I don't have a problem with people making a decision of what to sell. It's their choice as a business. A barber should not be forced to sell wallpaper. I do have a problem purchasing products from a company that supports attempting to ending my freedoms.

That being said...

There are plenty of products and companies out there that that donate too all sorts of causes that I don't like, including us through our taxes. We indirectly give to all sorts of organizations we don't agree with. Proctor and Gamble for example donates to a tons of organizations, many I probably don't like. If you traced all this stuff and stayed true to your beliefs, I'm betting there would be very little we could purchase from companies.

We live in a difficult time, standing on the rocky edge between freedom and tyranny. I pray and weep for our daughters future.

For the record, I don't shop at Dick's.

This is the first compelling thing I have read, to boycott them, but the only changes I have heard them discuss, was better background checks, and better gun safety. Both of which I am not against. I know this is an extremely slippery slope, but I do think there are some changes that need to be made. The problem is, the government views that as a way to eliminate rights altogether.

To all those that are so against Dick's for hiring lobbyists. You should throw your TV out the window, and quit watching movies. . The people responsible for those programs are 100,000,000 times more threatening to your rights, than Dick's sporting goods is.

Crawldad
04-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Guy's I may have the last laugh on Dicks......

I just received my tracking info on my 7 bags of Lumberjack pellets. They are shipping each 20lb bag in a separate UPS order! I got free shipping and with the sale price, plus $20 off $100 on top of that they have to be loosing money on this order. Even with a corporate volume shipper account at UPS, that is probably $7 a bag on 7 bags. Made me feel a little better about buying something from Dicks after all these years.

How long till you receive your order? I want to order 7 bags today before the sale goes off but Iíll be out of town Thursday - Sunday and donít want them delivered while Iím away.

SonnyE
04-13-2019, 01:49 PM
I for one am done with all this Dicking around.
I went in once, and went elsewhere.
When I got over my stigma about Ebay, I truly prefer it to Amazon.
And I can pick my sellers, and get free shipping on what I want.

Lumberjack? Help Yourself! (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R10.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.XL umberjack.TRS0&_nkw=lumber+jack+pellets&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Charcoal)

Joshw
04-13-2019, 01:59 PM
I for one am done with all this Dicking around.
I went in once, and went elsewhere.
When I got over my stigma about Ebay, I truly prefer it to Amazon.
And I can pick my sellers, and get free shipping on what I want.

Lumberjack? Help Yourself! (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311.R10.TR12.TRC2.A0.H2.XL umberjack.TRS0&_nkw=lumber+jack+pellets&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Charcoal)

Everyone of those sellers are asking over $20 for 20lb bags. You can get a better deal on Amazon.

KB BBQ
04-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Interesting derailed thread but.. I'm going to BBQ something now.

pjtexas1
04-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Reminds me of an old saying. "Your mom named you Richard because she knew you were a Dick." :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dward51
04-13-2019, 03:30 PM
How long till you receive your order? I want to order 7 bags today before the sale goes off but I’ll be out of town Thursday - Sunday and don’t want them delivered while I’m away.

Not sure. The UPS tracking show tracking created, but no info on estimated delivery or movement. So they may not have handed it over yet. I did receive 7 different emails with a different transaction and tracking number for each of the bags I ordered. Email came Friday after lunch (yesterday). I did not order 7 different types of pellets, so they are the ones who split it up that way. Like I said, they have to be loosing money on me on this order.

The tracking is linked from within the DICK's site, and I don't have the full UPS tracking number (the 1Z, etc... number). If you are concerned about it being delivered on a day when you are not there, I know with UPS, FEDEX and the USPS you can have them hold a package once you have the tracking number and it's moving your way. I've done that before, and even had them divert a package I did not want sitting on my porch with valuable items in it, to the local UPS store where I picked it up after work.

Crawldad
04-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Not sure. The UPS tracking show tracking created, but no info on estimated delivery or movement. So they may not have handed it over yet. I did receive 7 different emails with a different transaction and tracking number for each of the bags I ordered. Email came Friday after lunch (yesterday). I did not order 7 different types of pellets, so they are the ones who split it up that way. Like I said, they have to be loosing money on me on this order.

The tracking is linked from within the DICK's site, and I don't have the full UPS tracking number (the 1Z, etc... number). If you are concerned about it being delivered on a day when you are not there, I know with UPS, FEDEX and the USPS you can have them hold a package once you have the tracking number and it's moving your way. I've done that before, and even had them divert a package I did not want sitting on my porch with valuable items in it, to the local UPS store where I picked it up after work.

Thanks dward, good info

Happy Hapgood
04-13-2019, 09:15 PM
I love Dicks. I love Dicks a lot. I loved dicks before they even were dicks, they used to be chicks in California . In fact it's transgender rebirth made me want to support and spend more money there than ever before. I've bought more shoes and leggings from Dick's than I have bought chicken from staters, much to Tom's dismay. I believe strongly in our 2nd amendment rights. I believe strongly in our 1st amendment rights. I am a teacher, and I also emotionally have struggled when students genuinely question our school safety. My school has had practice during in-service sessions about how to best deal with semi-automatic assault rifle threats in my job of teaching and protecting children. When a private business supports their beliefs; I have respect. Bass-pro shops sold me a really cute jacket in March. In Cali they also sell guns. I R-E-S-P-E-C-T, (Aretha reference), businesses and people who believe strongly in something and are not afraid to stand up for it. If you believe and stand up for your 2nd amendment rights and you truly believe reform means anarchy, I appreciate your passion and thought process. We are all the same: People with family, and values, and goals, and dreams and compassion and kindness.

We are all the same on the insides. No matter what we may look like on the outside, were all the same if we were to be opened up. We need to start embracing our differences on the outside and seeing each other as equals for who we are.

It does not matter what race you are, what religion you practice, what your gender or your sexuality is. We are all people and we are all after the same thing in life: happiness. Stay focused on yourself.

“Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.” – Bill Clinton

What makes the world such an interesting place is all the different people who live on it. If everyone was exactly the same, the world would be a very boring place. We all have to realize that our differences is what makes life worthwhile and the same. The reality of Tom and me: We are different and have different beliefs. But we can respect each other and he truly appreciates the fact I LOVE DICK.

Oh the conversations we could have, You, Tom, Ann & I down here in the swamp. You have a unique perspective. :clap2:

Happy Hapgood
04-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Reminds me of an old saying. "Your mom named you Richard because she knew you were a Dick." :pound:

Amen. And the guy I used to work for last name was Holder. First name Richard. That's all I have to say about that.

pjtexas1
04-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Amen. And the guy I used to work for last name was Holder. First name Richard. That's all I have to say about that.I hope he was a big farker. That's a tough name to grow up with.

EyeBurnEverything
04-14-2019, 02:43 AM
Amen. And the guy I used to work for last name was Holder. First name Richard. That's all I have to say about that.

You really have to hate your newborn child. That's all I have to say about that.

EyeBurnEverything
04-14-2019, 02:54 AM
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but i did read the original article, and This Stack guy sounds like a great guy. He took a $150 million dollar loss because the guns he sold directly contribued to a shooting that cause deaths, and he banned those guns from his stores, that amazing. Anyone complaining about nthis, well, there is a place for you below.

Czarbecue
04-14-2019, 06:22 AM
Thatís a damn good price. I still have 40 pounds of the Pit Boss stuff but I will get some Lumberjack into my stock pile.

For those who are voting with their dollars, chitt... more Dickís for me. A deal is a deal! :pound:

WBDubya
04-14-2019, 06:41 AM

My guess is that they are shipping the bags from 7 different retail stores (possible inventory issues?). Jos. A. Bank (clothing store) does this all the time with online orders. It's definitely a money loser.

Lawnguy
04-14-2019, 06:50 AM
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
– Benjamin Franklin

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
– Thomas Jefferson

frognot
04-14-2019, 09:58 AM
This thread must be tired. Started off in Q-Talk then went to N&P then Woodpile then returns to N&P and Woodpile and then some farker tries to steer it back to Q-Talk.

Maybe should start a poll for the final resting place.

hellrzr
04-14-2019, 10:53 AM
I didn't read all the posts in this thread, but i did read the original article, and This Stack guy sounds like a great guy. He took a $150 million dollar loss because the guns he sold directly contribued to a shooting that cause deaths, and he banned those guns from his stores, that amazing. Anyone complaining about nthis, well, there is a place for you below.

If a car dealer sells someone a truck and they use that truck to purposely run over people and kill some of them than you believe that dealer is somehow culpable for the death of those people? You also believe that it would make sense for that dealer to ban trucks from his lot and never sell trucks again because a person made the choice to hurt someone else and just happened to use the truck they bought, legally, from his lot?? On top of that if you think this doesn't make sense to people and they don't agree than those people are going to hell???

Czarbecue
04-14-2019, 10:34 PM
If a car dealer sells someone a truck and they use that truck to purposely run over people and kill some of them than you believe that dealer is somehow culpable for the death of those people? You also believe that it would make sense for that dealer to ban trucks from his lot and never sell trucks again because a person made the choice to hurt someone else and just happened to use the truck they bought, legally, from his lot?? On top of that if you think this doesn't make sense to people and they don't agree than those people are going to hell???

It doesnít matter what that person believes. The guy who owns the dealership made that decision. If he felt personally responsible then he has the full right not to sell trucks at his business.

sudsandswine
04-14-2019, 10:49 PM
This thread is dumb, 99% through and through. 1% not for some decent deals on pellets (thanks Joshw for sharing some money savings that can go towards meat). I found a local guy that buys Lumberjack pellets by the pallet and sells them for $10 bucks a pop. Y'all should check your local sale boards if you're so inclined...might find even a better deal.

Joshw
04-14-2019, 10:51 PM
I can't believe this hasn't made it to N&P yet,

4ever3
04-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Aren’t ya glad ya tried to help a “brethren” out Josh :laugh:

That’ll teach ya from posting a deal from an unapproved vendor.

Thanks for the effort though.

hellrzr
04-14-2019, 11:15 PM
I was about to post more but I won't. It has gone way down the wrong path. All I can say is this post shows how passionate American's are about our guns, cars, and BBQ!

TravelingJ
04-14-2019, 11:42 PM
This thread is dumb, 99% through and through. 1% not for some decent deals on pellets (thanks Joshw for sharing some money savings that can go towards meat). I found a local guy that buys Lumberjack pellets by the pallet and sells them for $10 bucks a pop. Y'all should check your local sale boards if you're so inclined...might find even a better deal.

The dude in Lee's Summit, or someone else?

To stay on topic-My only issue with Dicks, is that I can never seem to find anything there from Under Armour that I like. They always seem to be picked over on anything I'm interested in. I really don't give 2 ****s about what they do or don't sell. If they don't have what I want to buy, I'll just go elsewhere to get it.

dward51
04-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Well, the pellets arrived today. Dicks' tracking said they were arriving tomorrow via UPS. So they came today via FedEX. DICKS' LOST A FORTUNE ON SHIPPING THESE. They put 7 bags of pellets in individual boxes. Could have used 2 boxes for the whole lot. Hey, I'm not loosing sleep over their choice though. Pellets were all fresh with a March 29, 2019 date on the inventory stickers.

https://i.imgur.com/q6AoFtjh.jpg