View Full Version : I need your opinions on the Pit Boss Pellet Pooper

boomers bbq
04-05-2019, 11:48 AM
thinking about the Pit boss Austin XL
what do you think. Good choice or bad choice

SmittyJonz
04-05-2019, 12:45 PM
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262241&page=15

Just a lil more $ you can get a Pellet Pro........

EyeBurnEverything
04-05-2019, 12:59 PM
I have the Pit Boss 820D and other then having to futz around with the "P" setting to keep temp swings low, I like it better then my Timberline 1300 which is good at keeping stable temps.

jermoQ
04-05-2019, 02:21 PM
I have been making good food on my 820 for 4+ years and have started using my Copperhead too. Cook on it, tweak, and cook more. Use it until you get better, then think about upgrading.

mike243
04-05-2019, 09:16 PM
I have had my Austin LX for almost a year, it works great,0 problems ,Lowes sells almost the same smoker but upgraded with a front shelf and the bin holds a few more pellets,I would have bought that if it would've been out when I was looking. I would buy another with out any hesitation

RCAlan
04-05-2019, 10:20 PM
thinking about the Pit boss Austin XL
what do you think. Good choice or bad choice

I have one... For $499.00, Youíre getting 1000 Square inches long of grilling/smoking space and a 5 year warranty, itís one of the best bang for your buck Pellet Grill that you can buy. My PB Austin XL puts out great bbq for me... Itís not a Set it and Forget it Pellet Grill though. You have to follow the start up procedures every time you run the grill, but it once You have a clear understanding of the PB Austin XL, itís all good. If You do decide to buy one or another great bang for your buck Pellet Grill is the PB Pro Series 1100 for $599.00 at Loweís Home Improvement... Always read and follow the instructions in the Owners Manual and never take short cuts in the proper operations of the grill.

Camperman
04-11-2019, 10:03 PM
I can attest to the others I got the Austin XL because of the size and price. I clean the ash out everytime I use it and it performs flawlessly. Holds temp really well too. I happy with it. I can't compare it to anything else yet. My buddy just got a Rec Tec so hopefully I can check it out soon.

EyeBurnEverything
04-11-2019, 10:11 PM
I have been making good food on my 820 for 4+ years and have started using my Copperhead too. Cook on it, tweak, and cook more. Use it until you get better, then think about upgrading.

One thing i really like about my 820D is the sliding center flame zone. I added some Grill Grates to the center flame zone and it does a grate job searing and grill marks depending on which way i put them on.

mike243
04-12-2019, 06:50 AM
Also a 5 year warranty with the Pit Boss units now