PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch BBQ channels on YouTube?

AKMIMNAK
04-05-2019, 12:22 AM
I'm curious how many of the brethren are regular viewers of BBQ channels on YouTube?

Is it a regular part of your BBQ content consumption? Occasional? Rare?

If you watch, what channels are your favorites?

TravelingJ
04-05-2019, 01:05 AM
I don't do much of the youtubes. I'll occasionally land there when I'm searching for a general 'how to' on a house project. I look up BabyBackManiacs videos when he links to them here, because they always sound (and are) interesting.

I did go down a 'Hot Ones' rabbit hole last week, but that was more youtube than I've watched in all my years prior.

SmittyJonz
04-05-2019, 01:10 AM
I used to - Now I watch Fishing Channels :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbImCpVfBnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtAXoJeGdSY

Titch
04-05-2019, 01:13 AM
I only watched them if they are linked here and sound interesting, I do watch a Lot of music on YouTube.
I find you tube generally too over the top for me

pjtexas1
04-05-2019, 06:12 AM
Baby back Maniac and only what he posts here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ronbrad62
04-05-2019, 06:36 AM
I have always enjoyed Malcom Reed's videos. I don't watch any particular channel, but if I am looking for ideas or a specific method, I will do a search and watch whatever seems the most relevant to my needs.

KevinJ
04-05-2019, 07:13 AM
I'm subscribed to Malcom Reed's - How To BBQ Right channel, his vids are the only ones I watch.

Monte Cristo
04-05-2019, 07:29 AM
Baby back maniac, TRoy, Kosmos, and BBQ Pitboys

16Adams
04-05-2019, 07:42 AM
I enjoy YouTube bbq videos. The historical places , the generational pits. Live fire eastern North Carolina, central Texas. The upstarts using old traditions. The wayward child kicked from the brick and mortar into a food truck.

Texas Monthly Top 50
Texas Monthly Honorable mentions are solid too
Any/all others cooking with fire
Anything cooked elsewhere with fire and pits

I don’t watch pellet cookers, electric cookers or advertisements for auto heat machinery/instruments while doing their thing.

I like my little pellet cooker. In my opinion it would make boorish TV. I’ve had good bbq from an electric smoker. Again so think it would be boorish to watch.

I prefer a history lesson more than the how to.

frognot
04-05-2019, 07:51 AM
Couple of my Brethren amigos:

Neil, aka Bigmista https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNKvwE_fpDQU50nTIYHbEw

Donnie, aka PitmasterT, has a couple:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk3LOyIOWUwD6hYtSzBoh7w

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCserps7_HCLFs15swNr09jQ

Dustin Dorsey
04-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Baby Back Maniac, T-Roy Cooks, Ballistic BBQ, HowtoBBQRight, Louisiana Cajun Recipes, AllThingsBBQ although that one is mostly shilling products, it's still informative. Generally though I'm trying to sneak these in while my 3 yr old son wants to watch Morphle, BabyBus, PinkFong, etc. He calls the BBQ shows, "Dada shows."

BuffettFan
04-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Baby Back Maniac, T-Roy Cooks, HowtoBBQRight, Hungry Hussey (Blackstone Griddle Content), Cooking with Ry are some of the ones I watch.
I get an hour at lunch, only need about 10 minutes, so I have time to kill.

KClandcruiser
04-05-2019, 08:29 AM
I think mine fall in line with a lot of others on here:

All things bbq, how to bbq right, T-Roy cooks, Baby Back Maniac, Harry Soo

SmoothBoarBBQ
04-05-2019, 08:33 AM
When I was first learning I watched a ton of them, but now not so much. I still watch some of Malcom Reed's stuff, and I really am enjoying Harry Soo's stuff as he's got some interesting techniques. Too many channels are just rehashing the exact same thing, over and over, but Harry's stuff feels more detailed and unorthodox.

Big George's BBQ
04-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Have not done this except for what I see on this site

Springram
04-05-2019, 08:41 AM
I subscribe to several of those that have been mentioned. At least for me, most are informative as well as entertaining. Justin (Baby Back Maniac), T-Roy and James (Aim'em and Claim'em Smokers) are my favorites.

Bucknekked
04-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Malcolm Reid is one of the guys that got me started with the whole idea that I could do better with my grill than I was doing at the time. Malcolm's enthusiasm is infectious and he can cook. I still enjoy his videos when he puts them out.

Other than Malcolm, I don't watch too many unless I'm looking for a product review

gtsum
04-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Malcom Reed and atbbq with chef tom. I also like Sam the cooking guy

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Springram
04-05-2019, 09:24 PM
I subscribe to several of those that have been mentioned. At least for me, most are informative as well as entertaining. Justin (Baby Back Maniac), T-Roy and James (Aim'em and Claim'em Smokers) are my favorites.

Ha! Quoted myself.... I left out Malcolm Reed as one of my favorites.

Home Farm BBQ
04-05-2019, 09:48 PM
I’ve watched most of the videos available. Still look through them. I’ll watch some more than once trying to pick up something new.

Malcom reed, all thingsbbq, Harry soo, kosmos, national bbq league, etc. Not exclusive to this list. Just some of them that I’ve enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LYU370
04-05-2019, 10:59 PM
Only if I'm looking for something specific.

KB BBQ
04-05-2019, 11:38 PM
I watch a lot of you tube and BBQ is a big part of it.
How to BBQ right
T-Roy cooks
Baby back Maniac
Ballistic BBQ
Harry Soo
All things BBQ
Aim 'em and claim 'em
Arni Tex
Big poppa smokers
BBQ with Franklin
Other channels at random & searches for competition BBQ videos.

Mgd_fish
04-06-2019, 06:25 AM
I go to sleep to BBQ youtube videos pretty much every night. I watch all the popular ones people have already mentioned. My interest in an LSG 20x42 has recently led me to your page and I'm a subscriber to Texas 2.5 as well. I'm thinking I might pull the trigger and purchase the LSG soon.

lunchman
04-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Baby Back Maniac gets my viewing time, Justin does a great job with his vids. BBQ Pit Boys still gets some of my attention, but I'm not as rabid a fan as I once was. Lately I've been watching Adrenaline BBQ's vids, making some of the recipes or using techniques they've posted.

And on the non BBQ side, Chef John's foodwishes.com vids always get my attention.

smoke ninja
04-06-2019, 08:35 AM
I'll add Wolfe pit to the list. Haven't seen him post a video in awhile but they are helpful, interesting and to the point

Lynn Dollar
04-06-2019, 09:07 AM
T-Roy, Baby Back Maniac, Kosmos, Harry Soo, Malcolm Reed, re-watch the Franklin vids, Cooking with Ry

Speeed
04-06-2019, 12:04 PM
T-Roy, Baby Back Maniac, Kosmos, Harry Soo, Malcolm Reed, re-watch the Franklin vids, Cooking with Ry

These and I'd add... BBQ pit boys, Ballistic BBQ, Aim'em and Claim'em, Smoky Ribs and Sam the cooking guy <--he's not BBQ but love his channel

AKMIMNAK
04-06-2019, 09:13 PM
I go to sleep to BBQ youtube videos pretty much every night. I watch all the popular ones people have already mentioned. My interest in an LSG 20x42 has recently led me to your page and I'm a subscriber to Texas 2.5 as well. I'm thinking I might pull the trigger and purchase the LSG soon.

Thanks so much for subscribing! Very kind of you. Really enjoying building a small little channel and seeing where it goes :)

AKMIMNAK
04-06-2019, 09:15 PM
Thanks everyone! This is very helpful. I'm a fan of most of these as well. Alot of great channels here. Appreciate the feedback as I try to shape the future of my channel!

ssv3
04-06-2019, 09:24 PM
How To BBQ Right - Malcolm Reed

ATBBQ - Chef Tom

Smoky Ribs - Rus Jones

Ballistic BBQ - Greg Mrvich

T-Roy Cooks - Troy Smith

Troy's bro (Sean) Moonshine aka Shoeshine lesser know bbq channel. I like the dude. Seems like a very chill dude and seldom posts videos

Kosmo's Q - Fun channel to watch

tom b
04-06-2019, 09:27 PM
I don't think anybody said
Pitmaster X

Tatoosh
04-06-2019, 09:45 PM
I watch Baby Back Maniac pretty regularly as well as Smoky Ribs BBQ,, I've watched Harry Soo for inspiration and Franklin of course.

Check out Smoky Ribs if you haven't seen him, a Louisiana gentleman with a love of food and smoke that seems to be growing a pretty good reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Smokyribs1