PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question coming in 3...2....1....

ks77
04-03-2019, 06:09 PM
I have a question that I am sure is going to sound pretty silly but any idea where I can buy a beef brisket? Is that something that they carry typically at Sams?

So far I have my some chicken quarters, ribs and pulled pork.....everything turned out really great. I am dying to try some brisket....and burnt ends while I am at it....lol. Just not sure where to get those types of meats.

On a side note I found some Lillie's Q Carolina Gold BBQ sauce for the pulled pork two weeks ago...man that was some good sauce!

SmittyJonz
04-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Sams, Costco. Down here every grocery store has brisket including the Walmarts......

SmittyJonz
04-03-2019, 06:16 PM
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270747

BuffettFan
04-03-2019, 06:26 PM
I tell my students that silly (I don't call them stupid) questions are better than silly mistakes!

(Ok, sometimes I do call them stupid)

As mentioned above, Costco, Wal-Mart, Kroger, should carry them.
If you have a local butcher, you could probably get a better quality brisket, but for the first one, a choice from wally world isn't a bad way to go.
Be patient, don't freak out when it stalls and good luck!
You'll be happy you cooked one!

Smokie185
04-03-2019, 06:30 PM
I have a question that I am sure is going to sound pretty silly but any idea where I can buy a beef brisket? Is that something that they carry typically at Sams?

So far I have my some chicken quarters, ribs and pulled pork.....everything turned out really great. I am dying to try some brisket....and burnt ends while I am at it....lol. Just not sure where to get those types of meats.

On a side note I found some Lillie's Q Carolina Gold BBQ sauce for the pulled pork two weeks ago...man that was some good sauce!

I usually get mine from Costco and the local meat market.

SmokerKing
04-03-2019, 06:35 PM
keep an eye on them though, some are just flats, not packers

dan_wrider
04-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Sams, Costco. Down here every grocery store has brisket including the Walmarts......

lol, yep

Dweverett
04-03-2019, 07:02 PM
They weren’t super easy to find here in CT. I’d start with Costco if you have a membership. Around here they just started carrying them and they are good quality and price. Walmart has them about half the time but Select grade. Hit or miss most other places.

A flat can be easier to find and it isn’t the worst option to try.

EyeBurnEverything
04-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Sams Club on airport road sells prime grade Brisket for $3.28/lb. You're welcome.

Btw, dont waste your time at costco on Krocks road they only sell flats at like $5.99/lb for choice grade, they don't carry whole briskets (packers)

Mikhail
04-03-2019, 07:21 PM
You have Costco right in Allentown, probably Sam’s too.

Git smokin’.

ronbrad62
04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Bear in mind that some stores carry the big bbq items seasonally, so if you don't find one at a convenient location this month, it may be there next month.

EyeBurnEverything
04-03-2019, 07:27 PM
You have Costco right in Allentown, probably Sam’s too.

Git smokin’.

As i just said, Costco on Krocks road does not carry whole briskets. They only sell flats, and charge $5.99/lb for choice grade.

jermoQ
04-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Hope you find a good one and then cook it very well!

I am going to try some of the Lillie Qs gold the next time (may be a year from now?) I order sauce. It looks really good!

ks77
04-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Sams Club on airport road sells prime grade Brisket for $3.28/lb. You're welcome.

Btw, dont waste your time at costco on Krocks road they only sell flats at like $5.99/lb for choice grade, they don't carry whole briskets (packers)

Thanks! My man! I will make a stop there this weekend. I am over in Easton so I typically hit the Sams off of 248.

Big George's BBQ
04-04-2019, 12:17 PM
There is another thread about buying full packers in SE PA

blazinfire
04-04-2019, 12:44 PM

Where I live in WV its harder to find brisket and short ribs than any other cut of meat.. I have to special order short ribs.. which is why I never cook them cuz I have to buy them by the case.. and Its a rare find but sometimes my local walmart will have a couple packers on the shelf. Any other time I have to call another local store to have them order briskets for me

thirdeye
04-04-2019, 03:26 PM
My Sam's club always has USDA Choice briskets and often USDA Prime, but any time they are out of Prime it only takes 3 days to get some in... just don't be afraid to ask. Also if you don't like what's in the case, ask about what they have in the walk-in... my store will bring a case out and let me root through them.

EyeBurnEverything
04-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Thanks! My man! I will make a stop there this weekend. I am over in Easton so I typically hit the Sams off of 248.

My lady! but you're welcome.