PDA

View Full Version : Peak Wind Gust 80mph-so far

16Adams
03-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Damage all around. Fences blown over-therefore escaped pets- high voltage and cable lines down, 40K in the region without power. Wild land fires- accidents etc etc. the exact same damage you’d expect from a hurricane— except it’s dry and the drive through at the liquor store is open.

So I made soup. Beautiful multicolored vegetable beef. One of those days where you could stay inside and eat yourself stupid. Nope, gonna mind my manners.

KevinJ
03-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Yeah man that's some crazy stuff you all are dealing with, hurricane force winds and believe me unfortunately I know all about that. It's a little windy here but getting ready to fire up the kettle and cook a Tri Tip. :-D

Enjoy your dinner and stay safe.

pjtexas1
03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Stay inside. We'd hate for your skinny a$$ to blow away. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cowgirl
03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Everything blowing past the house from the south just took a hard right. Wind's out of the west now. Going to be fun rounding things up!
Great looking pot of comfort!

Norm
03-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Wow 80mph!

Most of our spring winds are when a front moves through, had a corn crib not being used turn on it's foundation. I gave up on shingles long ago, did you loose any so far?

PatAttack
03-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Mid-Tejas Hurricane. Sucks.

ShadowDriver
03-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Wind has been ridiculous here today.

One of the approach lighting towers/masts blew over and almost hit a guy driving around base.

Many folks lost their hats, as they ended up in the drainage pond(s) left from the crazy storms last night.

My boss lost control of his driver side door, and it bent in a U towards the front left tire. :shock:

Another squadron spouse reported seeing a car door DEPART the vehicle and blow across the Commissary parking lot!

It's a little breezy here... :roll:

Springram
03-13-2019, 09:41 PM
Escape all of this stuff.. come to the Texas Bash on Saturday!