PDA

View Full Version : Questions RE: New Yoder YS640 Comp Burn off

Kbunk
03-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Greetings Brethren!

I just took delivery of a new YS 640 Competition. Regarding the initial burn off, the manual from Yoder does not speak to "oiling" the inside prior to the 350 degree burn out.
I have read where folks oil the pit with Pam, avocado oil, olive oil etc. I've also have read where some oil the pit and then place bacon over all grates and burn it out that way.

Was hoping for some suggestions on successful outcomes folks have had - or should I just follow the Yoder manual. However, that never seems fun!

Thanks for any thoughts or any additional thoughts you may have about the YS 640 in general

Thank you!!
Jim

jermoQ
03-11-2019, 10:22 AM
I am not sure about burning out the grill to season, but for the "burn out", you want to burn off the oil, dirt and other nasties that are on the inside. If you want to "season it" after that, I would say any oil or food grease would work?

4ever3
03-11-2019, 10:31 AM
I would say just follow their instructions and start cooking.

I’ve never understood “seasoning” the inside chamber of a cooker, never understood seasoning anything that the food doesn’t touch for that matter, but if you want to, knock yourself out!

jermoQ
03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I’ve never understood “seasoning” the inside chamber of a cooker, never understood seasoning anything that the food doesn’t touch for that matter, but if you want to, knock yourself out!

Agreed. I dont season anything I use except with smoke.