PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of These Cookers - Chuckwagon BBQ (Tylers, TX)

opeepingtomo
03-08-2019, 01:09 PM
https://www.cwbbqsmokers.com/services.html

Has anyone ever heard of these cookers, and if so how well do they perform? The pricing looks great compared to other custom smokers I have been looking at.

Do they appear to be built to proper firebox to cooking chambers to smoke stack ratio?

Thank you!

***typo in the title... Tyler, TX

Czarbecue
03-08-2019, 06:53 PM
My only concern with these type of template cookers is the height of the firebox to the cooking chamber.

Coat
03-08-2019, 07:01 PM
These things are everywhere. I don’t trust them. Can’t really say why but the same design is on Craigslist in every city I’ve ever checked and that is just a red flag for me. Proportions look ok (would like a bigger firebox but not 100% essential.), but the firebox position looks weird to my mostly untrained eye. Just my .02.

sudsandswine
03-08-2019, 07:14 PM
The firebox looks really low to the ground, no way I would be able to back that into my driveway without it scraping.

opeepingtomo
03-08-2019, 07:55 PM
I know they are on Craigslist too but it’s the same contact info.
My buddy said he might have a job near there and will stop by.

The guy I talked to even said he had a few there on site that could be looked at.

Coat will you show me the link where you see them in other cities? Glad I asked here first !!!

Czarbecue
03-08-2019, 10:05 PM
I know they are on Craigslist too but itís the same contact info.
My buddy said he might have a job near there and will stop by.

The guy I talked to even said he had a few there on site that could be looked at.

Coat will you show me the link where you see them in other cities? Glad I asked here first !!!

Look up Greasy Hill smokers and Custom Pit & Fabrication on this site. They will have pics.