PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Rub re-up

stan5677
02-28-2019, 07:58 PM
It's time to re-up and add to my 15 rubs I currently have. I'm thinking Smokin Guns Hot, Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub Hot, BPS Sweet Money, and R Butts R Smokin Ozark Heat

Stlsportster
02-28-2019, 08:01 PM
We like BPS Money and Sweet Money for chicken.

Been digging Obie Cue Sweet n Heat for ribs.

Love the Oakridge Smoky Chili Lime for shrimp and chicken fajitas.

stan5677
02-28-2019, 08:06 PM
We like BPS Money and Sweet Money for chicken.

Been digging Obie Cue Sweet n Heat for ribs.

Love the Oakridge Smoky Chili Lime for shrimp and chicken fajitas.

I'm also thinking BPS Seasoned Jalapeno Salt to balance out the pure sweet of 3 of my rubs

Stlsportster
02-28-2019, 08:08 PM
I’ve got some of that in the cabinet and haven’t tried it yet. Have a friend that uses it to make a spicy Chex mix.

Mike in Roseville
02-28-2019, 08:49 PM
I'm also thinking BPS Seasoned Jalapeno Salt to balance out the pure sweet of 3 of my rubs

It is currently my favorite SPG/AP. I use KH AP or Heath Riles Jalapeno Garlic...but the BPS Jalellujah is what I'm currently reaching for...and another home run for them. I'm just about out. I'll pick up a big shaker next time I order.

I also use Cash Cow quite a bit....ground beef (ground turkey), steaks, roasts...anything. Did some Carne Asada the other day with Cash Cow and Jalellujah. It was pretty freaking awesome!

Add at least a small shaker of Cash Cow to your order.

Home Farm BBQ
02-28-2019, 11:10 PM
Jallelujah is worth getting. R butts ozark heat is a favorite of mine. All of those rubs are good.

Oakridge products are a newer favorite. I like the turbinado sugar in most of the rubs for smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelingJ
03-01-2019, 01:46 AM
I've used 10lbs of Ozark Heat since November.

I cooked 4 'butts' last weekend. I was testing rubs. Of the 4, Ozark Heat was the only one we could even taste on the pork after they were cooked. It's a hit for us (and also goes great on cheezits...)

And Oakridge. I have all of their stuff, and use it on anything relevant. Their rib rub is the go-to for ribs. Carne for any steaks. SPOGOS is killer good, but I haven't had it long enough to know what it is best on.

cheez59
03-01-2019, 02:02 AM
My current favorite is 2 Gringos Chupacabra Special Blend. Killer good on just about everything.

SlickRockStones
03-01-2019, 04:33 AM
I’m currently in BPS WCO mode. SM Cherry and Spicy Apple. Money, Desert Gold and Hallelujah. Cash Cow on beef especially smash burgers and in meatloaf. OR Santa Maria and Secret Weapon are on standby too. Try Hallelujah on everything from scrambled eggs to baked potatoes.

Monte Cristo
03-01-2019, 06:33 AM
My newest rub is Kosmos honey killer bee. I absolutely love it. Next time I order I'll try the chipotle version as well.

Mike in Roseville
03-01-2019, 07:55 AM
I’m currently in BPS WCO mode. SM Cherry and Spicy Apple. Money, Desert Gold and Hallelujah. Cash Cow on beef especially smash burgers and in meatloaf. OR Santa Maria and Secret Weapon are on standby too. Try Hallelujah on everything from scrambled eggs to baked potatoes.

I have a wide variety in my cabinet and I seem to always come back to (and reorder) BPS/WCO.

Right on Q
03-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Killer Hogs Hot rub is great on beef.

My staples are Yardbird, BPS Money, SGH, Killer Hogs regular or hot, Cimarron Doc's and Butcher's Honey

Love experimenting and layering different rubs

stan5677
03-01-2019, 10:39 AM
My newest rub is Kosmos honey killer bee. I absolutely love it. Next time I order I'll try the chipotle version as well.

I have the chipotle it works great on ribs and pork butt.

stan5677
03-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Killer Hogs Hot rub is great on beef.

My staples are Yardbird, BPS Money, SGH, Killer Hogs regular or hot, Cimarron Doc's and Butcher's Honey

Love experimenting and layering different rubs

I find yardbird a little too salty for ribs.

Norm
03-01-2019, 10:43 AM
I had a friend from Florida send me a new to me rub called Everglades heat. Pretty good and I didn't find it too spicy.

SmokyDick
03-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Been wanting to try g-que but damn is it expensive. I like killer hogs and the weber stuff aint bad. May get some kosmo's Q soon.

Subtotal: $6.00
Shipping Small Box: $7.25
Tax$0.53
Total: $13.78
A bit much to try.