PDA

View Full Version : Bacon IS healthy!

EricD
02-22-2019, 11:55 AM
This is what I've been saying for years....finally someone listened!
https://joeforamerica.com/2019/01/pork-fat-nutritious/?fbclid=IwAR2ZdidRQg3FCjiUfuPBBDoHyC9VzrmCJQnBIZVQ 6WJqi5scsVTmKjyKap8

jermoQ
02-22-2019, 12:02 PM
I have never heard of or seen cherimoya, but the rest of these things are awesome food. This is an interesting article!

mtbchip
02-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Just saw this yesterday.......

ModelMaker
02-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Just like the butter/margarine battles.
Bacon will be bad again next year.
Ed

Joe Black
02-23-2019, 11:27 AM
I guess it’s a matter of training the taste buds. I was raised all my life to dislike the taste and texture of fat. Ham, bacon, steak, chicken...any fat. Now, after 74 years, I find it very difficult to eat fat. When I order bacon and eggs in a restaurant, I ask for the bacon to be extra crispy. I read about pork belly and it almost makes me sick. I NEED HELP.

jermoQ
02-23-2019, 02:15 PM
I guess itís a matter of training the taste buds. I was raised all my life to dislike the taste and texture of fat. Ham, bacon, steak, chicken...any fat. Now, after 74 years, I find it very difficult to eat fat. When I order bacon and eggs in a restaurant, I ask for the bacon to be extra crispy. I read about pork belly and it almost makes me sick. I NEED HELP.

My daughter has always had an aversion to fat on any food for a long time. She will skip over pieces of food that even look like they have fat. It is just a texture thing. My buddy to this day will pull the skin off of any chicken because that is how his mom served it. I think cause it has all of the "bad stuff" in the chicken.

WilliamKY
02-23-2019, 02:52 PM
I knew it. Pork is a Godly food. I bet when I pass away and see the light I also smell bacon cooking. :grin:

food4thot
02-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Not surprising. Have always innately known pork fat was good stuff...lol!