PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple pork butts

sudsandswine
02-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Cooked some food for friends with a new baby at home, and because I had to be busy doing other things today, the Primo + Flame Boss combo got to pull duty. I used Oakridge BBQ Beef and Pork rub on one butt and their Secret Weapon rub on the other. B&B lump, hickory and cherry chips, temp set at 260*. Each were a shade under 8lbs after I did my trim job and took 9 hours to probe tender. I did not wrap and they developed and kept a nice mahogany color all the way til the end.

InThePitBBQ
02-02-2019, 10:35 PM
The color is outstanding! Great job, that's hard to pull off without wrapping man you really nailed those.

Yuccaneers
02-02-2019, 10:40 PM
The coloration of the deep mahogany reddish hue on that bark is a thing of beauty! Great job.

sudsandswine
02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
The color is outstanding! Great job, that's hard to pull off without wrapping man you really nailed those.

Thanks! Im a firm believer in wood CHIPS for kamados as opposed to chunks due to the low airflow inherent to their design. I believe that to make a difference in the color by minimizing smoldering. Combined with a good lump charcoal, of course. I've recently taken a liking to the B&B charcoal that has been plentiful locally.

ssv3
02-03-2019, 01:30 AM
Beautiful! Color on them is ridiculous. :thumb: I've got a request to cook a few butts for an event later this month. Been a while since I've cooked some.

Stingerhook
02-03-2019, 05:46 AM
Works of art!