PDA

View Full Version : Brisket Question

bcis93
05-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I have read several post about pulling the brisket depending on temp & touch. what are you looking for with regards to the touching part?

qman
05-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Q-talk so I'll keep it clean:-D

Mostly refering to probing the interior of the brisket with a long skewer or most likely the temperature probe and feeling how easiely the probe slides through the meat. You are looking for very little or no resistance.
Refered to sometimes as "like butta"

Mooner
05-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Insert a probe or metal skewer through the thickest part of the flat. When it goes in like butter it's done!

The_Kapn
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
I have read several post about pulling the brisket depending on temp & touch. what are you looking for with regards to the touching part?

They are referring to a test where you press the surface to gauge how much "give" there is.
Kinda like the test for doneness in a steak.

I have never, ever, had the skill to do either! :oops:

For roasts like brisket, butt, chuck, etc--I use a probe and the "feels like butta" test.
Still screw it up a lot! :oops:

TIM

qman
05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
They are referring to a test where you press the surface to gauge how much "give" there is.
Kinda like the test for doneness in a steak.

I have never, ever, had the skill to do either! :oops:

For roasts like brisket, butt, chuck, etc--I use a probe and the "feels like butta" test.
Still screw it up a lot! :oops:

TIM
Yeah, I did not mention the touching the outside bit, cause I never got it to work for me either. I can do it with steaks, [at least some of the time :oops: ] but not the big stuff like chucsk roast or brisket.