PDA

View Full Version : Insight for a hitch

SeanBBQ
01-16-2019, 08:20 AM
I have recently purchased a YS640. Love it so far. Just one cook on it but amazing. Before I purchased it I knew I would want to move it around from front to back of house, down the street for neighborhood stuff, whatever. I have the Comp Cart and would like to get a hitch of some sort mounted to it so I could connect my x330 to it and pull her around.

Question is: Has anyone done this on a YS640 or similar? What did you use and any tips for doing it?

I am sure I could figure something out when it warms up enough for me to want to stand out there staring at it but for now I thought I would ask all you nice folks first. :grin:

dadsr4
01-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Does it have a hitch? Which one? Looks like something could be bolted onto the cart easily enough. Since neither one has any suspension, it's going to be rough on them with any rigid connection going over uneven ground.
Playing on Google, the setup on this looks like it would work as a pattern.
https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/5d72afc9-dd77-491a-b5fd-f946baf5859e/svn/john-deere-pull-behind-spreaders-as-40jd-64_1000.jpg

SeanBBQ
01-16-2019, 11:29 AM
Im thinking something similar. Will scope it out soon and get a better idea of how to tackle it.

DevilsGrill
01-16-2019, 11:35 AM
I recently added a hitch to my YS1500. If you look underneath the comp cart you will see some steel cross beams to which I simply mounted some 50mm square tubing to them (the length of the cart) using U bolts making it a non invasive procedure which is completely reversible (i.e. no hacking required).

The 50mm tube sits flush with the face of the cart and whenever I need to move I insert a 45mm piece of square tube which has the hitch and lock it into place with some steel snap pins. Works really well.

SeanBBQ
01-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Hey Doug. Thank you. This is just what I was looking for. And the way you connected makes sense. I do appreciate it.

dadsr4
01-16-2019, 12:56 PM
I should add that the sheet metal hitch on the back of that type tractor can't take much weight or stress without reinforcing it. I tow one of those cheap Harbor Freight trailers around on my property, carrying cut brush and small trees, and the sheet metal cracked and needed to be repaired and reinforced.

HDCTX
01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Can you tell is something about this powered two wheeler you use to tow? I've never seen anything like it.