PDA

View Full Version : Dave Klose just called me.

jacob
05-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I have been talking to Dave for several month's now through e-mails. Phone rang about two hours ago and when I answered. The first thing I heard was,Hey Bobby this is Dave from Klose Pits. This guy spent 2 hours of his time talking to me. Only 10 minutes was about the rig I wanted, The rest of the time we were talking because he wanted to get to know me and what my dream was so he would have a better ideal of how he could help make it happen for me.
Not only did I have one of the best conversations of my life. We came up with a mobile rig I can afford. The absolute best part is, I am convinced I made a new friend. Not once during our talk did he throw in a sales pitch. His purpose was to get to know me and get a understanding of what I wanted. Dave even said at one point because I was afraid I was taking up to much of his time. "I talk to one person at a time, I don't care if someone is trying to call and order a 70000 pit, what's important to me right now is I finish talking to you about what you are needing." We talked about everything from our childhood events to bbq Chef Paul Kirk to Phil and this site. I even told him I couldn't wait to share our talk with you Brother's if he didn't mind. Which he Didn't. The most down to earth person I think I ever talked to. Can you tell yet how much he impressed me?
Just had to share with my friends.:-D :-D
BfL

we'll smoke u
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I have never met or talked to Dave but every buddy I no that has said the samething you just did. Thats why I love this sport/hobby.

bbqbull
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with everything you have said about Dave. Salt of the earth and a great fellow.
He will work with you and help like you said.

Mike

keale
05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Thats amazing! Glad to hear of someone that cares so much about his work and even more for his customers, it does sound like a new friend was made. Congrats on your new rig... don't forget the pics when it arrives!
Klose is outta my league for a backyarder, someday, maybe someday!:-P

Arlin_MacRae
05-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Customer service like that isn't just rare, it's legendary.

motor mouth
05-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Customer service like that isn't just rare, it's legendary. Exactly, a lot of people/companies could learn a chit load from this one thread.

Bentley
05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Got to meet and talk with him at Imperial Beach and Rose Bowl contest. Man he can tell some funny stories...and he is a down to earth guy!

thillin
05-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Like I said before, Dave and his crew at Klose Pits will treat you and your family the best way possible. My little boy played like crazy in his office and Dave(and Dana) treated me and Mrs Thillin as friends. Even offered to take us to lunch, but we had to hit the road.

And he had a BBQ Brethren banner on the inside of the office door.

DaChief
05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Haven't met or talked to him but thanks for sharing. This is good stuff to know!

Mooner
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Wow, that's awesome. Just goes to show you bbq guys are the friendliest people out there.

jacob
05-06-2007, 05:19 PM
My first quote I got from Dave to be financed was out of my reach. After we talked he knew exactly what I was after. What's great is I am still getting the unit I want just going to be on a single axle trailer instead of a tandem.

Bossmanbbq
05-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Kinda sounds alot like the brethren on this site, great people, great hobby/sport, great all round family activity, you just cant beat it!!

Solidkick
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I've always thought of Dave as I do many of the people that build pits.....they are cooks first, and business men second. A cook wants to know you, your needs, and your expectations, a business man wants your money. Thanks to the Lord for people like Dave and Jay.....

jacob
05-07-2007, 06:11 PM
One of the attachment's Dave sent had a crapt LOAD of recipes, didn't expect this. Happy though.

chinesebob
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I've always thought of Dave as I do many of the people that build pits.....they are cooks first, and business men second. A cook wants to know you, your needs, and your expectations, a business man wants your money. Thanks to the Lord for people like Dave and Jay.....

You can say that again. After I ordered my Spicewine I had a similar experience with Jay. It's all about people helping people and making friends in the process.

Here I go getting sappy on all of you.

spicewine
05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I admire Dave and his GREAT Reputation as a Major Pit Builder!! I Live in his shadow and hope some day to live up to the reputation that he has given so many.

Spice

jt
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I admire Dave and his GREAT Reputation as a Major Pit Builder!! I Live in his shadow and hope some day to live up to the reputation that he has given so many.

Spice
Brother, I think you're already there.

Arlin_MacRae
05-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Brother, I think you're already there.

Or pretty danged close!!! You rock, bro.

jacob
05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
On the phone right now with David final arrangments being made. This guy is awesome

spicewine
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Congrats!! You have a great pit coming your way!!

Spice

jacob
05-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm on call this week and my pager went off three times while we were talking. There was no way I was going to cut him off to call, usually it's bs any way which it turned out to be. He sent the invoice and things I needed for my banker while we were talking. But the stories and facts we were actually talking about just floored me. This guy knows a lot more than just pit building. I am buying a 6000 pit more or less yet he has spent hours talking to me sharing his wisdom of things he's learned being in the bus. for so long. I am just a country boy and it just amazes me at the time he is willing to spend helping set this up.

bbqbull
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
But the stories and facts we were actually talking about just floored me. This guy knows a lot more than just pit building. I am buying a 6000 pit more or less yet he has spent hours talking to me sharing his wisdom of things he's learned being in the bus. for so long. I am just a country boy and it just amazes me at the time he is willing to spend helping set this up.

Nope......its just Dave. One of the greatest men ive ever met in person along withe the brethren ive met.

Just down to earth folks. Aint a bad thing for sure.
We want pics.

Mike

jacob
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Nope......its just Dave. One of the greatest men ive ever met in person along withe the brethren ive met.

Just down to earth folks. Aint a bad thing for sure.
We want pics.

Mike
Pics, I don't know how many pictures one thread will hold. But when the time comes to head to Texas to pick up. I putting the spare card in the digital and it will hold a 1000 Pictures. If that gives you any ideal of my plans. Got everything now my banker asked for, The final decision will be in the hands of the credit committee. Just to be safe(cause I want it BAD) I arranged me a co-signer who is beyond reproach. I am the type of person who never really likes to ask for this kind of help. But knowing what I can accomplish with the right tools, I couldn't take the chance of being told no.

jacob
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
YIPEE, The deal is done, Although it isn't going to get the pit built any quicker I couldn't help it. I sent half the pmt. express mail guranteed to be in his office by 12.00 noon tommorow so I figure he'll get it by Saturday. Told Dave when we spoke today I would deliver the othe half in person. His reply was don't forget we got some good fishing around here and I got a three br house so no worries about somewhere to sleep. And my main purpose for wanting to pick it up was just to shake his hand and say thanks. You just can't beat this kind of invite.

big brother smoke
05-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Man, I 'd buy one just for the invite to go fishing!

Jeff Hughes
05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Dave is a great guy, and builds a great product. I can tell you that I will be a customer for life. My pit is 1.5 years old, I can call the office and they treat me like I picked it up yesterday.

Next year I will buy a bigger one from him...

thillin
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Congrats. And if he offers lunch, jump on it. Burns BBQ isn't too far from his shop, and is great.

jacob
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
can't wait can't wait, can't wait, can't wait ,can't wait, I'll never make it 7 weeks. I might have to move over to the reflection thread and get some prayers started to calm my nerves. Got to wait, got to wait, got to wait, got to wait, there thats better.

jacob
05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
One thing was funny I wanted to tell you all.During one of the longer conversations we had over the phone about middle way through. Dave stopped for just a minute and asked BTW how old are you, I replied 41, his reply was awh H*ll your just a pup plenty of time left for you to make your mark. I may just be a pup, but I tell you, I am a big farking pup 6' 4" 255 #

jacob
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Congrats!! You have a great pit coming your way!!

Spice
Thank you Jay

bbqpigskin
05-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the new pit and the new friend. When I was building my rig, I must have called about 2 dozen times to ask questions. He knew that I could not even come close to buying one of his rigs, yet he still took the time to help me out. Good Guy!