PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a beefy Christmas - tenderloin sauce suggestions?

jasonjax
12-19-2018, 05:51 AM
In-laws come over Xmas eve. We'll be having a while tenderloin sous vide and then finished in my 500* FPG-500 pellet grill.

I'm looking for a really good sauce to serve with the tenderloin. Anyone got any good recipes?

Then Xmas day my parents come over, and I'll be rocking out a 30 day dry aged rib roast from Costco. Got that one covered in terms of my plan. :)

MisterChrister
12-19-2018, 06:00 AM
I'd go with a nice mushroom-garlic demi glace.

PatAttack
12-19-2018, 06:23 AM
Red wine peppercorn cream sauce.

16Adams
12-19-2018, 06:28 AM
I’ve wanted to try this for a long time. Sometime after the first the wife travels to AZ to visit and play golf. Usually gone 6/7 days. I’m going to try to work this in.

Directions
Pulse 1 stick softened butter in a food processor with 1/3 cup chopped chives, 3 tablespoons horseradish, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest until smooth. Scrape the butter onto plastic wrap or parchment, wrap and shape into a log. Chill until firm. Slice and serve over grilled steak.
TIP: Try making other flavored butters with odds and ends from your fridge: capers, pickles, olives or even hot sauce.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/horseradish-butter-recipe-2108029

MisterChrister
12-19-2018, 07:32 AM
Adams, that reminds me of this technique from Fatback Joe; Marrow Blue Cheese Butter!
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163573

Whisky
12-19-2018, 07:45 PM
I don't have a recipe but this sauce is awesome with beef.
Butter, cream, garlic, and gorgonzola cheese. Spice it up with rosemary or whatever flavors you want. I have used it on lamb also with mint and its damn good.

Joshw
12-19-2018, 07:54 PM
green peppercorn au poivre, with some mushrooms.

Big George's BBQ
12-20-2018, 08:56 AM
chimichurri- I used this once with a tenderloin roast It was excellent

upStomp
12-20-2018, 09:18 AM
I've always been partial to Bearnaise on filet. If making a Hollandaise-type sauce is too much of a pain (it is in my house), you can make a quick substitute with mayo, a bit of Dijon, and dried tarragon - just let it set overnight.

chingador
12-20-2018, 03:04 PM
I love bearnaise on tenderloin. but I am horrible at making hollandaise. I use knorr and add fresh tarragon to it. Knorr makes a bearnaise as well, but fresh tarragon is better than the dried. It is easy and goes very well with tenderloin.

CentralOhioBBQ
12-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Similar situation for me. I’m doing tenderloin for 12 Saturday, Prime Rib for 8 Sunday, and Salmon for 20 on Christmas Day.

I’m leaning toward a Roquefort cream sauce for the tenderloin steaks. Roquefort, butter, and heavy cream- hard to go wrong and less likely someone doesn’t find it appealing like say a whiskey cream sauce.

I live sous vide, but not with tenderloin. The crust just isn’t the same no matter how you finish. Good luck