PDA

View Full Version : Catering Job Advice

grillfella
05-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Well boys the catering season is here, I just booked a 4,000 dollar catering job for this friday (short notice but it will see what we are made of). The menu is not my favorite but it is pretty good money for carne asada/chicken tacos rice and beans. (no drinks). It is a big company in Riverside California, kind of far from me since I am in Whittier (The local Los Angeles Bretheren will know what I am talking about). Anyway they have me cooking in two shifts 12:00pm to 1:30pm then come back and cook for the night crew from 10:00pm to 11:30pm. Any advice for saving me time? the first party has 255 people and the second one at night has 145. I don't want to over buy and waste money please help. I also have a home delivery job on Saturday ribs beercan chicken and tri tips. The GRILLFELLAS will be busy. Any help would be appreciated:shock: :shock:

bbqjoe
05-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Make sure your catering license is up to date, and your liability insurance is paid.
Figure 1/4 to 1/2 pound per person + sides.

C Rocke
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Pintos or refried beans? Figure 4 oz each per serving, per person, to be safe. Both are cheap, pintos are easier, so you won't blow your margin there. How do you usually handle the prep?

As for the asada and chix, are you doing soft tacos? Are you cooking and serving on site?

big brother smoke
05-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Try this http://bbq-review.com/planner/catering1.xls

grillfella
05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I am using refried beans and spanish rice. My prep is very simple for the asada a little goya lime juice tenderizer beer onions a little crushed garlic and sliced onions. for the chicken soaked overnight in OJ then season with garlic salt and perrer.

grillfella
05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I am using refried beans as for my prep on the asada a little goya mixed with beer oj and lime juice with a little chopped onions and garlic, then I sprinkle with meat tenderizer. as for the chicken I use leg meat soaked in oj overnight then garlic salt and pepper. thanks guys

grillfella
05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
:-D on site mesquite grilled tacos and handmade corn tortillas