PDA

View Full Version : Going to Willie B's . . . .

Roo-B-Q'N
05-01-2007, 01:05 PM
. . . . is what I hope to be saying in a month or so.

My wonderful wife put togther a baseball trip after she found out one of the contests we were going to cook was cancelled. She knew I was bummed so she decided I needed to watch some live baseball (my 2nd favorite sport)

So at the end end of June we fly to Pittsburgh and meet up with a friend from Cleveland and watch the Pirates, then we drive to Philly for a game then down to Baltimore and finally up to the Bronx before driving back to Pittsburgh and flying home.

So I was thinking since we are driving somewhere around (rounding up here) a million miles. I thought a detour to Long Island before heading to the Yankees game to see brother Willie would be awesome. (OK it is less than 1000 miles round trip according to mapquest but with flights to and from Nebraska I am sure it is closer to the million mile mark.)

So I bring this up to my wife and say it would be a great idea and give us more to see and do. She replied "do you know how far out of the way that would take us" :icon_sleepy

So hopefully I will get to say Going to Willie B's tonight is in the cards in early July.

WannaBeBBQueen
05-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds great, let us know, we'll plan a party :)

Westexbbq
05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Great news Tom!
Hope y'all can make it.
Yankee Stadium to Willie B's is only about an hour or so depending on time and traffic.
Let us know for sure so we can all gather.

MilitantSquatter
05-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Find out the start time of the game and the day of the week it is and one of us can give you the details on ensuring you make it back to Yankee Stadium in time... it can be a really smooth ride or a traffic jam depending on when you need to be there.

Pyle's BBQ
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
By July you may want to skip the Yankees game and just stay at Willie B's.

Sledneck
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
smoothe ride on the cross bronx on a game day HA!!!!!

BBQchef33
05-01-2007, 11:29 PM
i think it should be willieBs AFTER the game if its a day game. Party, stay the night local, party again the next day, then drive home. :)

Roo-B-Q'N
05-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Just looked at the schedule and it is a night game. We are planning to get up to at least Trenton after the game in Baltimore on Sunday, so it looks like a stop over the lunch hour would be the best and hang around as long as we could before getting to the stadium for the game Monday night.

I' ll keep ya all posted.