PDA

View Full Version : Monday Cook

Porky
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I had a rare day off to take care of some medical stuff and had the afternoon to cook. So far, I've made 12 amardillo eggs stuffed with assorted goodies, 2 Italian sausage fatties with carmelized onion, smoked gouda,cream cheese, sliced jalapenos,garlic powder and sprinkled with Dizzy Dust Rub, 4 lbs of Italian sweet sausage, right now I just put on 2-3lb meat loaves. Oh yeah, I made about 2 dozen Pig Nuts, WOW did they come out great. Sorry no pics this time.
I guess Petunia won't have to cook for a while.

Porky:smile:

Pig Headed
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Ok, I give. I did a search but couldn't find them. What are pig nuts?

Sledneck
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
porky eats pig nuts pass it on

Kevin
04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, I give. I did a search but couldn't find them. What are pig nuts?

Water chestnuts marinated in soy sauce for a couple of hours, wrapped in bacon, sprinkled with brown sugar and then in the pit until the bacon crisped. Not my idea, copied it from someone here. They were calling them many names. Pig nutz is my favorite.

And they were very good. I just ate the few I had stashed yesterday.

Sledneck
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
kevin stashes pig nuts pass it on

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
The orginal post was "Pig Candy Kisses"

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26408&highlight=pig+candy+kisses

I didn't use the soy sauce, just brown sugar, but I think it sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna try adding a little strip of jalapino pepper in there next time -- Hot Nuts.

Kevin
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
The orginal post was "Pig Candy Kisses"

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26408&highlight=pig+candy+kisses

I didn't use the soy sauce, just brown sugar, but I think it sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna try adding a little strip of jalipino pepper in there next time -- Hot Nuts.

Yeah, that's it.
I used a very dark soy sauce and it was a little overwhelming. I'll use a light soy sauce next time.

Hot nutz, I like it!

Pork Chop
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Gotta get a nut!!!!!!!!

Bill-Chicago
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, that's it.
I used a very dark soy sauce and it was a little overwhelming. I'll use a light soy sauce next time.

Hot nutz, I like it!

Wasnt the 3eye marinate suggestion for like 15 minutes, not a couple hours?

Kevin
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Wasnt the 3eye marinate suggestion for like 15 minutes, not a couple hours?

You are correct sir.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=384118&postcount=16

Bill-Chicago
05-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Sorry Kevin, I shoulda just went and read the thread, but I was lazy.

Just didnt want Porky to have a salt infarction the first time sucking his nutz

Porky
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry Kevin, I shoulda just went and read the thread, but I was lazy.

Just didnt want Porky to have a salt infarction the first time sucking his nutz

Hey,Hey, I don't suck nutz, I chew them. Let's be clear about this.:tongue: FYI- I didn't marinate them with soy, I warmed up some brown splenda alittle and the put it over the water chestnuts and wrapped them in 1/2 slice of bacon and cooked them. Hmmm Hmmm Good.

Les

HeSmellsLikeSmoke
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey,Hey, I don't suck nutz, I chew them. Let's be clear about this.:tongue: FYI- I didn't marinate them with soy, I warmed up some brown splenda alittle and the put it over the water chestnuts and wrapped them in 1/2 slice of bacon and cooked them. Hmmm Hmmm Good.

Les

I think the blandness of the water chestnuts works well as a contrast to the smokey bacon taste. The brown sugar works well with the salty taste.

On the other hand, the soy sauce sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna do some of both next time.

Greendriver
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I think the blandness of the water chestnuts works well as a contrast to the smokey bacon taste. The brown sugar works well with the salty taste.

On the other hand, the soy sauce sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna do some of both next time.

try just rolling them in 1/2 brn sugar and 1/2 crushed red pepper mix.

biffleg
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey,Hey, I don't suck nutz, I chew them.

Be careful how long you marinate them ... I'd hate for you to "bust a nut" :lol:

VitaminQ
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I wonder if a little sesame oil might be good in the marinade, too. I'm gonna have to try these.