PDA

View Full Version : sausage in ft worth area

marvda1
09-06-2018, 09:55 AM
where can I get some good sausage in the ft. worth area to cook?

BBQ Freak
09-06-2018, 10:16 AM
try Conecuh Sausage and do a search on their website for a store , I am hooked on it .

marvda1
09-06-2018, 04:28 PM
I found some at a brookshires close to me. online kind of expensive 6 1lb pkgs $50 unless that includes shipping. brookshires has it for $4.97 for 1lb pkg.
I bought the reg and hot & spicy. the sausage has a small diameter, not as big as other brand sausage.
what should I expect?

bkwentz
09-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Stop in Miller's if you go to the event at Belton Lake. Their cheddar and jalapeno is delicious.

jimbotx
09-06-2018, 05:53 PM
It's a little bit of a drive north, but I've heard that Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster has some pretty good sausage. I haven't been there yet, but I'm planning on a stop one of these times en route to/from OK.

frognot
09-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Fischer's is worth the drive. Great meat market with an excellent variety of sausages made there.

Westx
09-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Marvda1. Tendon meats has some pretty good sausage. Also might Texas Slab in Mansfield. There is a market in Bridgeport that one of my coworkers shops at and he says they have pretty good sausage. As for the Conecuh, some of the best I have had and have had a lot of Texas sausage. There are also some good places in Dallas that are supposed to be really good.

Bacchus2b
09-06-2018, 08:08 PM
Fischer's is worth the drive. Great meat market with an excellent variety of sausages made there.

What he said!!! Fischer's is good, and Octoberfest in Munster is another reason to visit. Also if you ever make it to downtown Dallas, try Rudolph's Meat Market & Sausage Factory in Deep Ellum. Seriously good home made sausage with many different varieties.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rudolphs-market-and-sausage-factory-dallas