PDA

View Full Version : Weber Q series Charcoal grill???

zwylde1
09-04-2018, 12:24 PM
I came across a Weber Q charcoal grill a few years back on Craigs List and picked it up. It kinda ended up in storage since then and I just pulled it out the other day and fired it up. Kind of a neat little toy. Does Weber still make these? Its in really good shape....is this a hard to find kind of thing or a dime a dozen?

Thanks!

jacobp
09-04-2018, 01:42 PM
I'd have to see a picture of it because I've never heard of such a thing.

FashionBiff
09-04-2018, 02:10 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41tTWJx9r9L.jpg

This? And me know never really paid attention to square webers so pretty unaware.

Jrogers84
09-04-2018, 02:16 PM
I have the propane one. Love it. Great size for little quick cooks

jacobp
09-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Found this on the Char Q

The Char Q
Yes that’s right Weber briefly made a charcoal version of the Weber Q. The configuration and price of the grill proved to not be very appealing to the customers. The Char Q was built on the 200 frame so it was a large portable charcoal grill and with the price of $150 it proved to be something not worth it for consumers. The Char Q was released in 2008 and Weber ended production in 2011.

zwylde1
09-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I will check out the date code on the little guy and see when it was made. It cooked very nicely for me. The charcoal sits rather close to the grate so it seems it will be great for a quick sear of steaks on one side, and then finish on the other side indirectly. Now that I have it out I see many cooks on it in the future.

zwylde1
09-05-2018, 05:08 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41tTWJx9r9L.jpg

This? And me know never really paid attention to square webers so pretty unaware.

Yes sir.....that is it!

benniesdad
09-05-2018, 08:36 AM
That is a mighty cool grill. I found a YouTube video on assembly but it never showed it in use. Looks like the charcoal is very close to the grate. I’m sure it would be great for steaks. Might be a challenge for some other things like chicken. I am a Weber fan and would love to hear how it cooks.

zwylde1
09-05-2018, 10:27 AM
That is a mighty cool grill. I found a YouTube video on assembly but it never showed it in use. Looks like the charcoal is very close to the grate. I’m sure it would be great for steaks. Might be a challenge for some other things like chicken. I am a Weber fan and would love to hear how it cooks.

You are correct. Coals are close to grate. But the grill surface is large and the grates are divided into 2 parts. So you can easily use 1 side for direct cooking and the other side for indirect. And indeed as I said above....great for steaks and quick cooks.