PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to shoot a video

medic92
08-29-2018, 09:09 AM
I decided to do a video of how I trim my brisket. It turned into a beautiful class on how NOT to shoot a video. If you're into hairy forearms blocking the shot and the brisket being half out of the frame 90% of the time, you'll love this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTF6Fvltnl4&feature=youtu.be

Porcine Perfection
08-29-2018, 09:11 AM
You got your point across and I am sure it will be helpful to many people. All good Kevin.

bschoen
08-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Better than a lot of youtube howtos I have seen.

medic92
08-29-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm going to reshoot the video but I think I'll leave them both up. My forearm looks pretty good.

Whitewookie
08-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Looked fine to me. Good job, I definitely picked up a few much needed tips...

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimbotx
08-29-2018, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with that video - nice job explaining how and why you do what you do.

HOBONICHOLBBQ
08-29-2018, 02:07 PM
Not sure what you are filming with but if you can put the camera in this instance on the window side opposite of where you are standing you will get better results. Or if you could go elevated say top of window pointing 45 down I think you will like that better. It takes time getting adjusted to where the camera is and being cognizant of not putting yourself in the way of what you are trying to show.

medic92
08-29-2018, 02:35 PM
Not sure what you are filming with but if you can put the camera in this instance on the window side opposite of where you are standing you will get better results. Or if you could go elevated say top of window pointing 45 down I think you will like that better. It takes time getting adjusted to where the camera is and being cognizant of not putting yourself in the way of what you are trying to show.

No doubt. Once I set the camera up I never gave a thought to angles it what might be in the way. Or that maybe the object should actually be in the frame...