PDA

View Full Version : Dr BBQ's class in Detroit

cmcadams
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Anyone else going? We'll be there around noonish, for a 3:00 start.

Porky
04-19-2007, 11:37 AM
You guys are going to have a good time. Ray was great at the class on Long Island. I learned alot of good stuff and would repeat the class in a heart beat. Have a great time.

Les:-P

swamprb
04-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Have fun Curt! I just found out that the class in Salem OR has been cancelled, I was really looking forward to it. I'm bummed out! Now I hear it might be on again! That's me in the Avatar!

Brian

chinesebob
04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm trying to go to the one in June. If I can get the wife to sign off on the greatest father's day present....

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Have fun Curt

And stop in and see the 2005 and now 2007 World Series winners play the Tigers!

CTSmokehouse
04-20-2007, 01:13 PM
You guys are going to have a good time. Ray was great at the class on Long Island. I learned alot of good stuff and would repeat the class in a heart beat. Have a great time.

Les:-P

Yeah, what he said!! My thoughts, exactly!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

cmcadams
04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
We have almost everything ready. I just have to pack some clothes, my cpap machine and my knives, then we're off tomorrow morning to that state up north (I don't even like to type the name of the state, sorry).

At least Ray isn't holding the class in Ann Arbor... I'd have to pass on it then!

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
We have almost everything ready. I just have to pack some clothes, my cpap machine and my knives, then we're off tomorrow morning to that state up north (I don't even like to type the name of the state, sorry).

At least Ray isn't holding the class in Ann Arbor... I'd have to pass on it then!

Sounds like your hotel reservations will be made across the bridge in Toronto

cmcadams
04-20-2007, 02:02 PM
No hotel reservations... we have a tent. :)

cmcadams
04-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I got back yesterday, but was busy and forgot to report anything back.

Ray's class was, as expected, great. I was beat when I got home, but we had coolered our butts and brisket, and I wanted to go over what I'd gotten from the class, so I got out a couple of 9X9's and put together pork and brisket presentation boxes. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap photos, but it was mostly to show my wife some of the presentation stuff I'd learned (she does our presentation).

The class really helped focus me toward cooking even more for the judges than I think I had been. I'm looking forward to trying it out in June at our first comp of the year.

Muzzlebrake
04-23-2007, 08:28 PM
nice...........were you the only Brother there?

cmcadams
04-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Apparently, yes... It was still great.