PDA

View Full Version : Kiolbassa brand sausage

dadsr4
06-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Anyone familiar with the brand? Never seen them before.

sudsandswine
06-03-2018, 02:03 PM
I've cooked quite a bit of it, bought several varieties from Sam's and Costco. I think it's good. My favorite is the beef jalapeno.

BearSmokeBBQ
06-03-2018, 02:13 PM
I've cooked quite a bit of it, bought several varieties from Sam's and Costco. I think it's good. My favorite is the beef jalapeno.

x2. They are pretty good!

IamMadMan
06-03-2018, 02:49 PM
I get them from our Costco, they are also great to put on a roll for sandwiches.

BBQ Freak
06-03-2018, 02:56 PM
my grocery store sells them and will give them a try since it is hard to find Conecuh around here .

dadsr4
06-03-2018, 04:23 PM
my grocery store sells them and will give them a try since it is hard to find Conecuh around here .
Exactly.

I've gone to the stores that the Conecuh website says that their product is carried, to find them closed. Michigan has some fine sausage producers, so my interest in Conecuh is fading. That's why I posted this.

aks801
06-03-2018, 04:25 PM
I tried some once and didn't like it AT ALL. The texture seemed very unusual. Many other brands available here I can stick with.

ronbrad62
06-03-2018, 05:10 PM
I tried some in our local Publix that was being sampled and thought it was good, in fact I made a purchase of the jalapeno and had it the next day.

lantern
06-03-2018, 05:24 PM
It's great. My household strongly believe that the roasted garlic is the BEST and the polish just behind that.

Rib Rub
06-03-2018, 05:32 PM
I know it is off subject, but if you want dang good hot dogs, Hummel Bros in Connecticut are the best!! My bud brings them down to me when he visits, but you can order them online. They got all kind of stuff, but the hotdogs are the best I have ever had. The ones marked best seller are the ones I get.

http://hummelbros.3dcartstores.com

--

Springram
06-03-2018, 05:39 PM
This is an outfit out of San Antonio, Texas. We have a zillion sausage makers here in Texas and they all have a little different flavor profiles. First of all, there is both a German and a Czech style of sausage. The German style will mainly consist of beef, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. The Czech will have garlic, etc. There are different grinds, etc also.

My point is for you to try different types from different makers and see what you like.

IamMadMan
06-03-2018, 06:41 PM
I know it is off subject, but if you want dang good hot dogs, Hummel Bros in Connecticut are the best!! My bud brings them down to me when he visits, but you can order them online. They got all kind of stuff, but the hotdogs are the best I have ever had. The ones marked best seller are the ones I get.

http://hummelbros.3dcartstores.com

--

Rib Rub

Try taking a trip up the Parkway to Route 9 in Forked River/Lacey Township.

I used to have Frankfurters shipped by next day air from a butcher in WNY until I found this butcher. he makes several versions of Frankfurters and he makes most of his own lunchmeats. By far the best....

Forked River German Butcher Shop
109 E Lacey Rd, Forked River, NJ 08731
Phone: (609) 693-7100
Monday 9AM–6PM
Tuesday 9AM–7PM
Wednesday 9AM–7PM
Thursday 9AM–7PM
Friday 9AM–7PM
Saturday 9AM–5PM

ncmoose
06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
We get it from Costco and like it.

Cibelo
06-04-2018, 06:35 AM
Tastes like Slim Jims to me.

rexster314
06-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Normally I get the pork and beef blend sausage from them. I saw some Polish sausage at HEB the other day, all pork. Great taste. I steamed some yesterday along with cabbage, chopped onion and chopped up homemade bacon. One dish meal. As a side note, Kiolbassa puts out a ham for the holidays in November and December. That is some seriously good pork