PDA

View Full Version : New Hunsaker/1st cook

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Was able to make it down to Columbia, Missouri last night to pick up my new toy, and could hardly wait to get off of work today to get her seasoned up and lay some meat on the new meat addition to my BBQ Family. So say no more, here is my new toy and 1st cook on it!!!

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-01-2018, 09:06 PM
More photos

pjtexas1
Dig the color scheme! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ron_L
Congrats one the new toy! You are going to love it! Nice looking ribs and tenderloin!

AKMIMNAK
Very nice! Congrats! Nice looking piece of machinery.

HogGrog
06-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Congrats on the new arrival!

Blythewood BBQ'er
06-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Very nice on all accounts!

wihint
06-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Sorry it looks like it is broken. It produced some amazing food on its initial voyage. I will be by to pick it up and make sure you do not have this issue again.

Great cook brother thank you for sharing.

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Thanks a lot everyone!!! I have a lot more cooks planned for the upcoming weeks and hope to get them posted so long as I can keep myself from eating everything before taking pictures!!

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-01-2018, 10:50 PM
Sorry it looks like it is broken. It produced some amazing food on its initial voyage. I will be by to pick it up and make sure you do not have this issue again.

HAHAHA yeah not that broken though, I think Iíll tale my chances it keep it awhile longer!!!! Thank you, you should look into Hunsaker, they make a fantastic product.

ssv3
06-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Congrats! Food looks great.

KevinJ
06-02-2018, 06:54 AM
Congrats on the new cooker and your cook looks great.

Stingerhook
06-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Congrats on the addition to the family. Nice looking bones.

sniperfx
06-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Well done, enjoy!!!!:thumb:

Smoking Piney
06-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Great looking cook. Congrats on the new pit!

el luchador
06-02-2018, 09:35 AM
UDS FTW :rockon:

congrats on the new addition

Rib Rub
06-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Nice drum! Congrats. I do have to say I bought some of that head country and to me it taste just like KC Masterpiece. Was pretty disappointed with it.

LloydQ
06-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Nice looking rig you got there!

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-02-2018, 02:46 PM
UDS FTW :rockon:

congrats on the new addition

That was my first time ever cooking on a drum, and now I can see what all the hype was about. Temp control is amazing.

KORND4WG X
06-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Great job! :thumb: You gonna buy the hanging kit?

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Great job! :thumb: You gonna buy the hanging kit?

Mark said he has a new one in the works with even more space so I think I am going to hold out for that kit!!! Supposed to be a circular hanging kit.

KORND4WG X
06-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Mark said he has a new one in the works with even more space so I think I am going to hold out for that kit!!! Supposed to be a circular hanging kit.

Did not know that. I have the original and also the hybrid and so far have plenty of room but Iíll be keeping my eye out for it anyway :icon_shy

Bob C Cue
06-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Do you really think the OP is dumb enough to fall for that old gag? Everyone knows I'm the guy who gives broken smokers a home. All they have to do is pay for the shipping and I take care of the rest.

el luchador
06-02-2018, 05:23 PM
That was my first time ever cooking on a drum, and now I can see what all the hype was about. Temp control is amazing.

I remember my first cook on the uds. I put it the ribs on, set the iq120 to 250 and came back a few hours later.
Best damn ribs I'd ever had

KevinJ
06-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Did not know that. I have the original and also the hybrid and so far have plenty of room but I’ll be keeping my eye out for it anyway :icon_shyMark is always trying to build a better mousetrap which I think is awesome.

Most I've had to cook is 6 racks of full spares and could easily have cook 6 more but I digress. :shocked:

http://i.imgur.com/3VrMJQf.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/hGYWmg0.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/koaTkmb.jpg?1

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Mark is always trying to build a better mousetrap which I think is awesome.

Most I've had to cook is 6 racks of full spares and could easily have cook 6 more but I digress. :shocked:

http://i.imgur.com/3VrMJQf.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/hGYWmg0.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/koaTkmb.jpg?1

Great looking bones man!!! Iím excited for the new rack, figured I had better just wait for it! My stick burner was 4 times the size of these drums but I think I can just about fit the same amount of meat with having an extra grate!!!

PlattDaddyBBQ
06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Did not know that. I have the original and also the hybrid and so far have plenty of room but Iíll be keeping my eye out for it anyway :icon_shy

Iíve never hung anything in a smoker but Iíve heard itís the only way when cooking ribs so Iíll be excited to try that out once I get the hanger rack!!!

KevinJ
06-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Great looking bones man!!! I’m excited for the new rack, figured I had better just wait for it! My stick burner was 4 times the size of these drums but I think I can just about fit the same amount of meat with having an extra grate!!!Nothing wrong with that.

I’ve never hung anything in a smoker but I’ve heard it’s the only way when cooking ribs so I’ll be excited to try that out once I get the hanger rack!!!I love hanging ribs, started on a WSM with a hanging kit, thought I was going to buy a insulated cabinet but after hanging in the WSM I knew a Drum that I could hang in was the direction I needed to go.

Rib Rub
06-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

I love hanging ribs, started on a WSM with a hanging kit, thought I was going to buy a insulated cabinet but after hanging in the WSM I knew a Drum that I could hang in was the direction I needed to go.I love hanging them in my PBC! As I had probably said to you my wife hates stuff off the PBC. That is why I bought the MAK 2 Star General so I can get a bit more smoke in my food. She is just going to have to get use to the fact that every once in awhile I am going to hang some meat. (That sounds a bit kinky LOL)

LordRiffenstein
06-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Congrats on the new cooker and an excellent 1st cook!