PDA

View Full Version : SRF shipping issue

rorkin
05-31-2018, 07:27 PM
14 lb brisket shipped tues 12 am.
FedEx missed their delivery for today Thursday and the most likely time of arrival is late Friday.
What are the chances it will arrive ok ?

Untraceable
05-31-2018, 07:59 PM
I bet it will be fine

But what’s up with fedex this week? I had a emergency rub order in for delivery today and the package is still in the sort facility:mad2:

rorkin
05-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Just arrived.. edges. Soft but center basically frozen. Box a mess. Trim areas anyway.
Threw in freezer.
Another day in truck would have been another story I think.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 08:29 PM
Just arrived.. edges. Soft but center basically frozen. Box a mess. Trim areas anyway.
Threw in freezer.
Another day in truck would have been another story I think.

I normally feel like, for what you pay, you should receive a completely frozen product.

But, I am guessing those edges are fat, and fat doesn't stay frozen solid for long, so if the center was frozen your most likely still ok.

But i would complain about the shipping. Someone needs to give them bad feedback so they do something about this issue. It seems to be a common issue with them.

pharp
05-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Glad it came. I ordered one from a different provider a few summers ago..It was delivered a day late at 6:00 pm...probably would have been ruined but when I opened the box they had forgot to put the ice :)

NYC ‘Que
05-31-2018, 09:03 PM
I hate fedex. Very unreliable in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmellor
05-31-2018, 11:36 PM
I had an order from SRF show up far less than frozen once. Lid wasn't secured properly. They said keep it and sent out a new order. Top notch customer service.

Norm
06-01-2018, 06:45 AM
Glad you got it, another day in summer would not be good for it.

A couple of years ago I had live Maryland Blue Crabs shipped FedEx that was supposed to arrive on a Friday. The driver who's a good friend said he'd never smelled something that bad the following Monday! Needless to say they chucked it their dumpster.

crpngdth2001
06-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Fedex is great it my area, its UPS that really stinks! It seems every other delivery is late. I get a lot of "delivery requested to be rescheduled for the next day by customer", without ever having been contacted by UPS. Lazy ass drivers, I'm guessing. I've complained at least 3 times directly to UPS.

Jason TQ
06-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Sounds more like a "fedex shipping issue"

BillN
06-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Seems to me that with online sales on the rise the shipping companies have under estimated the demand. I too have experienced delays and package handling issues on a more regular basis than in years past, of course I have greatly increased my online purchases so I guess I am part of the problem. Living in Arizona I only order frozen items or temperature sensitive items from November through March.

rorkin
06-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Fedex is great it my area, its UPS that really stinks! It seems every other delivery is late. I get a lot of "delivery requested to be rescheduled for the next day by customer", without ever having been contacted by UPS. Lazy ass drivers, I'm guessing. I've complained at least 3 times directly to UPS.

Same here.. I am serviced by same hub you are. They just make stuff up.

Rockinar
06-03-2018, 12:20 PM
But i would complain about the shipping. Someone needs to give them bad feedback so they do something about this issue. It seems to be a common issue with them.

Give SRF bad feedback because of Fedex shipping delays? Huh? Also im sure SRF ships out thousands of orders. Some are going to get delayed, smashed, lost or stolen. Thats part of shipping.

el_matt
06-03-2018, 01:51 PM
What I don't understand, is the time vs. distance issue. I made an order from Bass Pro. It took 10 days to get from Kansas to California, 2 items, 1 box, maybe weighed 1.5 pounds. An order from Pennsylvania of 12 custom cut arrows, 12 inserts, and 12 field points, took 3 days! Arrows aren't heavy, but they are long. A small box, from Kansas, took 7 days longer, than a much larger box, with items that had to be prepared. Both packages delivered by FedEx, both packages shipped using the cheapest shipping price. Yet Amazon can get something to you, within 24 hours, give or take.

Matt

Mikhail
06-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Give SRF bad feedback because of Fedex shipping delays? Huh? Also im sure SRF ships out thousands of orders. Some are going to get delayed, smashed, lost or stolen. Thats part of shipping.

Yeah, I would contact them directly rather than leave a bad review. I would bet you will receive a stellar response.

Rockinar
06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
What I don't understand, is the time vs. distance issue. I made an order from Bass Pro. It took 10 days to get from Kansas to California, 2 items, 1 box, maybe weighed 1.5 pounds. An order from Pennsylvania of 12 custom cut arrows, 12 inserts, and 12 field points, took 3 days! Arrows aren't heavy, but they are long. A small box, from Kansas, took 7 days longer, than a much larger box, with items that had to be prepared. Both packages delivered by FedEx, both packages shipped using the cheapest shipping price. Yet Amazon can get something to you, within 24 hours, give or take.

Matt

Amazon has distribution warehouses all over. I live like 5 miles from one. Almost everything I order from Amazon, they deliver it in the Amazon van, and I get it next day.

I suspect Amazon will start to eliminate their use of Fed Ex and UPS. They will cut out the Fed Ex and UPS middle man and deliver it themself.

dadsr4
06-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I would contact them directly rather than leave a bad review. I would bet you will receive a stellar response.
Since they make their living selling a product that depends on fast shipping, letting them know that they are risking losing a customer will have more impact. Several times I've been tempted to order one of their specials, to get an idea of their product, then a thread like this pops up and I think "No way am I going to risk our health on their choice of shipper". I can pay roughly the same price locally and actually look at and receive the same day a product that is the same , to me, as what they are selling.