PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Food

16Adams
05-31-2018, 07:11 PM
There are those foods that trigger memories. This is one of mine.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Instead of corn chips, try pork rinds.

mike243
05-31-2018, 07:52 PM
Chipotli tomatoes instead of roltel but its all good ,and yes pork rinds go great with it

Big Andy
05-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Love me some Rotel. I like the hot for dip, and mix in some hot Williams Farm breakfast sausage.:grin:

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 08:09 PM
Love me some Rotel. I like the hot for dip, and mix in some hot Williams Farm breakfast sausage.:grin:

I am not sure what cheese was used since OP only mentioned Rotel, but i am guessing Velveeta, and that recipe sucks. Its more like soup. They actually tell you not to drain the can of Rotel :tape:

ElQueTraz
05-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Good memories! Looks great. I like to add Chorizo...

ClintHTX
05-31-2018, 08:24 PM
Love queso with rotel. We go to lots of birthday party’s for kids and there is always dips n such along with grilled foods. I’m the first and definitely not the last after they see my plate. To get a burger or a hot dog and smother it with the queso. Delicious.

KevinJ
05-31-2018, 08:31 PM
Damn tough crowd tonight. :bolt:

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 08:33 PM
Damn tough crowd tonight. :bolt:

constructive criticism is good for the world.

ElQueTraz
05-31-2018, 08:43 PM
What's your recipe Adams?

Big Andy
05-31-2018, 09:12 PM
I am not sure what cheese was used since OP only mentioned Rotel, but i am guessing Velveeta, and that recipe sucks. Its more like soup. They actually tell you not to drain the can of Rotel :tape:
I drain mine first, and leave the lid off the crockpot if it's too soupy.

KevinJ
05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
constructive criticism is good for the world.True but to each his own.

dadsr4
05-31-2018, 09:30 PM
Still not sure what's in the bowel except Fritos. I'm guessing there are green chili's involved, too.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
True but to each his own.

I welcome it. If not, i would not be where i am. I learned a lot from constructive criticism over the years. People just need to have thick skin in this world to survive.

KevinJ
05-31-2018, 09:39 PM
I welcome it. If not, i would not be where i am. I learned a lot from constructive criticism over the years. People just need to have thick skin in this world to survive.Ok, spent over 20 years in the Army, most of my time in Combat Arms, we didn't have time to beat around the bush, none of us are perfect but we like what we like. Can't really stand BBQ Sauce myself but I don't criticize those who do.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 09:49 PM
Ok, spent over 20 years in the Army, most of my time in Combat Arms, we didn't have time to beat around the bush, none of us are perfect but we like what we like. Can't really stand BBQ Sauce myself but I don't criticize those who do.

Whats wrong with that? I really only like bbq sauce on chicken and pork ribs. Brisket and any other beef i like with a dry seasoning. When i ask for opinions, i want people to tell me what they didn't like i take that, and it gives me something to improve. I would hate if everybody loved everything i cook. I need that push.

tom b
05-31-2018, 09:52 PM
I'm still waiting to be schooled with your London broil

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259174

sorry Adams

tom b
05-31-2018, 09:54 PM
oh and I am also sure this dip was delicious

dadsr4
05-31-2018, 09:56 PM
OK, I googled "Rotel and cheese", and Ro*TelŪ Famous Queso Dip came up. Interesting.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 09:58 PM
OK, I googled "Rotel and cheese", and Ro*TelŪ Famous Queso Dip came up. Interesting.

Interesting is a good way to put it. You say dip, i say soup.

dadsr4
05-31-2018, 10:09 PM
Interesting is a good way to put it. You say dip, i say soup.
I thought it was some sort of soup, based on the picture, especially after the Frito bowl thing. I've never been a dip person.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 10:28 PM
I thought it was some sort of soup, based on the picture, especially after the Frito bowl thing. I've never been a dip person.

Rico's is pretty decent for a dip. Its not soupy at all.

KevinJ
05-31-2018, 10:31 PM
Whats wrong with that? I really only like bbq sauce on chicken and pork ribs. Brisket and any other beef i like with a dry seasoning. When i ask for opinions, i want people to tell me what they didn't like i take that, and it gives me something to improve. I would hate if everybody loved everything i cook. I need that push.I'm perfectly happy where I'm at and my skill level, always looking to learn and improve, I'm my own worst critic but I don't need some jackass on the internet to look at a pic who never had taste of what I cooked, tell me how my cook went.

Sorry Adams didn't mean to hijack your thread.

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 10:40 PM
I'm perfectly happy where I'm at and my skill level, always looking to learn and improve, I'm my own worst critic but I don't need some jackass on the internet to look at a pic who never had taste of what I cooked, tell me how my cook went.

Sorry Adams didn't mean to hijack your thread.

The thing is, this is a common recipe. I am fine with being the jackass that brings up the recipe is bad. Maybe he modified it, and its better, but he abandoned his thread.....

cowgirl
05-31-2018, 10:49 PM
There are those foods that trigger memories. This is one of mine.
Looks good Adams! I didn't have it while growing up but a friend of mine makes it. She uses burger in the mix. It's a good standby dip. :thumb:

Kevin, thank you for your service! :cool:

WareZdaBeef
05-31-2018, 10:54 PM
I'm still waiting to be schooled with your London broil

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259174

sorry Adams
At least link to one of my posts. I had to dig deep to realize you were calling me out. If you seen any of my posts you wouldn't question my schooling but i will school you on how to cook London broil like that over hyped cut your referring to.

OklaDustDevil
06-01-2018, 12:45 AM
If that is Velveeta dip, I still make it sometimes when I'm planning to watch football with my son and, yes, it's definitely a comfort food. I add a tube of spicy Jimmy Dean sausage to the Velveeta and Rotel (undrained). Leave the lid off your crockpot for awhile and it will firm up.

BobBrisket
06-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Still not sure what's in the bowel except Fritos. I'm guessing there are green chili's involved, too.

Do you really want to know what's in the bowel?:shock:

BobBrisket
06-01-2018, 01:06 AM
On a different note, opinions are allowed. Taking them to another level and making a thread a personal playground for past issues etc, is BS we have been seeing lately and are tired of. Real simple, if you can't offer anything of value, leave the thread. Take up your personal issues with eachother via PM or better yet......USE THE IGNORE FEATURE! We love that feature. It saves us work. Yes, this is a warning.

Bob

16Adams
06-01-2018, 06:42 AM
1 can Rotel
Enough Velveeta to obtain dipping consistency
Add in optional ie:

Burger, sausage,brisket,bacon,pulled pork,
great drizzle for tacos, potatoes, veggies scrambled eggs hamburgers etc etc etc

I added Green Chile Seasoning
Binge watching 24. Jack Bauer would approve

dadsr4
06-01-2018, 06:45 AM
I knew green chili's had to be involved somewhere.:-D

16Adams
06-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Must go hit the white ball. :-)

Ron_L
06-01-2018, 11:50 AM
On a different note, opinions are allowed. Taking them to another level and making a thread a personal playground for past issues etc, is BS we have been seeing lately and are tired of. Real simple, if you can't offer anything of value, leave the thread. Take up your personal issues with eachother via PM or better yet......USE THE IGNORE FEATURE! We love that feature. It saves us work. Yes, this is a warning.

Bob

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:becky:

BillN
06-01-2018, 02:13 PM
I am a fan of Rotel and recently my Walmart started carrying a Hatch equivalent along with Rotel variations such as fire roasted tomato, fire roasted tomato and chipotle, fire roasted tomato with fire roasted garlic. All good stuff and velveeta always had a place in our home when I was growing up. Velveeta made the best grilled cheese to go with our Campbell's tomato soup.