PDA

View Full Version : First time rolling a fatty.

TravelingJ
05-29-2018, 01:40 AM
I've tried a few naked fattys in the past. They were always good enough, but never really amazed me. All the posts lately about stuffed fattys made me want to try something new. I had planned on throwing a slab of ribs on today, so these just went on as well.

First was a breakfast sausage fatty with cheddar cheese and bacon. Second was done with Italian sausage with a tiny bit of marinara, sautéed peppers, onions and garlic.

I can't remember who all had posted the tips that I used to pull this off, but they were all spot on. Freezing the sausage while the filling cooked was insanely helpful, as was letting it rest for a while so the cheese wasn't pure molten lava.

I had a few gushers, but for the most part, I'll call it a success. They were a hit and everyone loved the unique treat. And a side bonus-my girlfriend declared them to be the best ribs I've cooked. Used a combo of Oakridge sweet rib rub, and a dusting of John Henry jalapeno rub.

Joshw
05-29-2018, 01:53 AM
Way to roll it up and smoke it up.

Titch
05-29-2018, 03:20 AM
Looks pretty b tasty mate

LordRiffenstein
05-29-2018, 06:14 AM
Nailed it!

fwdiii
05-29-2018, 06:46 AM
Great job...looks delicious. No bacon weave?

TravelingJ
05-29-2018, 06:26 PM
Great job...looks delicious. No bacon weave?

Nope. I had thought about it, even bought the bacon for it. But, we had a lot going on yesterday and I didn't really have the time for that. It certainly would have been a good improvement.

Happy Hapgood
05-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Oh man those look good!

bschoen
05-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Sweet!