PDA

View Full Version : So close

Mdsteelerfan
05-24-2018, 08:11 PM
Well today was to be the day, but thanks to a certain shipping company it was not!! Started off great!159234unfortantely it went all down hill.159236i have no idea if these pics come thru or not. My smoker was delivered twiced & both times they were unable to unload.

Mdsteelerfan
05-24-2018, 08:12 PM
I apologize for sideway pics!

BillN
05-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Oh CRAP! Hope they pull their heads out and get it to you and hope it's OK. What smoker did you order?

Mdsteelerfan
05-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Pretty much same model as yours bill!

BillN
05-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Damn, how did they flip it on its side? Mine was shipped UPS freight and the delivery guy was a pro, had it off in about 2 minutes. I feel for you all the anticipation and now this. What are they going to do?

Mdsteelerfan
05-24-2018, 08:24 PM
After 2nd try to deliver the delivery guy filled out the form
For me to refuse delivery. About an hour later some guy calls me & offers to deliver tomorrow & i express my concerns that i can’t be here tomorrow. He says he’ll send me pics & ****. An hour later he calls me & asks me if there is a wheel in my yard! I’m like the f’n grill never left the truck, he hasn’t called me back.

PatAttack
05-24-2018, 08:26 PM
Damn, that sucks man.

Hope they get it straightened out for you.

BillN
05-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Send picks to Amber and Chris. No way to lose a wheel unless they snap it off and that would take some doing. Sorry for your troubles.

Mdsteelerfan
05-24-2018, 08:40 PM
I refused delivery after 2nd attempt & they r aware.

IrishStout
05-24-2018, 11:15 PM
I had quite an adventure with my lsg delivery. SAIA shows up to deliver and the crate was long ways in the truck. Driver wants to dangle half the crate off the lift gate and lower. No way. Luckily I had a friend who has a local business with a fork lift. On the way I gave a quick call to Chris who explained the crate from lsg was built to load into the truck width ways. Turns out SAIA put an additional pallet under the lsg crate despite the several warnings not too. We had to use the fork lift to pull the crate/pallet half onto the lift gate and the other half supported by the fork lift and lower both at the same time. Once on the ground we had to lift the lsg crate off the pallet which was collapsing. Then we loaded the lsg crate back onto the semi width wise as it was supposed to be in the first place. Back to my house to unload the way it was supposed to be done. All turned out ok, but not what I paid for. Chris was good supporting the process.

Mdsteelerfan
05-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately we were unable to get it upright, so he took it back to warehouse to get it upright. But with the crate busted up it caused the grill to shift too much that we couldn't get her out of the truck. I will say the driver did not give up. LSG was on point with their time estimates. They finished making it on thursday and 1 week later it was in my driveway. Feel bad for the person's tile that broke my grills fall, I'm betting they have a few cracked pieces. The guys from shipping place sent me a pic of her uncrated, she looks awesome. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround time and she'll be home in a few weeks.