PDA

View Full Version : Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates

BillATL
05-22-2018, 02:05 PM
I need to make an appetizer for a gathering this weekend and wanted to do something different. Thinking about doing bacon wrapped stuffed dates. I've done these before, stuffing with blue cheese and smoking them. They turned out great.

But looking around online I saw some other variations: adding an almond - both blanched and smoked; glazing with honey; glazing with balsamic vinegar; serving with a red wine reduction as a dipping sauce; other cheeses; etc.

Wondering if anyone here had played around with these and had a go-to recipe they liked? I don't have time to play around with variations before I've got to cook for real.

ShadowDriver
05-22-2018, 07:04 PM
We've done dates stuffed with a pecan and a slice of triple-cream Brie over the top.

Mind you, these aren't smoked, and when I mentioned your version to CINCHOUSE, she became very interested.

Sorry... I'm not so helpful this time.

ronbrad62
05-22-2018, 08:07 PM
I did them years ago, bacon wrapped and almond stuffed. Dayumm! They were excellent.

kathicooks
05-23-2018, 05:01 PM
It’s a favorite in my house. Stuff with either goat cheese (my favorite) or blue. And tuck a whole almond in. Wrap in half a slice of thin bacon and give is a very light shake of your favorite rub and into the smoker. Nothing better than the crunchy almond, chewy sweet date, tangy cheese, salty bacon.
Oh, the bacon should be thin because it’s the only thing you want to cook and you don’t want that sugary date to burn.

BillN
05-23-2018, 06:17 PM
We always stuffed them with chunky peanut butter.