PDA

View Full Version : Blackstone Tacos

DisplacedVol
05-01-2018, 11:02 AM
This is as much for me to play around with uploading pictures as anything.
Couple weeks ago did some tacos on the 36” blackstone. Nothing fancy, ground beef & diced chicken thighs with peppers & onions. Only my third cook on the BS but really enjoying it. It’s pretty straight forward which is nice. Also, super easy for week night cooks.

Things I forgot: meant to toast tortillas on griddle & get a plated pic but dropped the ball on both those .

Here are the few pics I snapped (hopefully). Enjoy!

LloydQ
05-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Fun, isn't it?

DisplacedVol
05-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah. Don’t know what’s next but I’ve been thinking about Philly Cheese Steaks

N_bob
05-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Looks delicious, might have convinced me to spend some money and get the Blackstone!

cowgirl
05-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Looks delicious!
I love my Blackstone. :-D

DisplacedVol
05-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Thanks guys. N_Bob check around on here for other blackstone threads. There’s plenty of folks better than I & more than enough to convince you!

Kade
05-02-2018, 04:40 AM
I need one of these! Just need to convince the wife I need one of these a month after picking up my Shirley.

SeanBBQ
05-02-2018, 06:41 AM
Looking darn tasty. Speaking of Philly's, I just made few on my BS and man did they come out good. That was a fun cook. I know you'll enjoy making those too.

BigKing
05-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Looking darn tasty. Speaking of Philly's, I just made few on my BS and man did they come out good. That was a fun cook. I know you'll enjoy making those too.

Did you use slices of cheese or did you use Wiz? I want to do some Philly's on mine but I want to have both options going. I'm wondering if putting a pot on top of the BS with the Wiz in it would be the way to go.

I just pulled mine out of an 8 month hibernation and it was a ton of fun. Tacos and smash burgers. Tacos are so simple but so good off the BS. I just buy pollo asado breasts from the butcher, toss the entire breast on the griddle and then chunk it out with the spatulas. Probably the best ease of cook/compliment ratio item I make.