PDA

View Full Version : Plowboys chicken rub

Bigdog
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Finally got around to using the sample of chicken rub that Plowboy sent me. I sprinkled, well more like drownded a package skinless drummies in it and smoked for about 1-2 hrs. at 225 using mesquite and hickory, and a bit a cherry in honor of kcquer. Farking awesome. Perfect blend of hot and sweet. Not too salty either. If you haven't tried some yet, I suggest that you do. I plan on buying some more this weekend at the Osage City contest. More sure that you have some on hand for me Todd, and thanks again for the sample. Look forward to meeting you.:-D

Puppyboy
04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Sounds like I need to bring some extra cash along.

You cooking Bigdog or just coming for a visit?

Plowboy
04-09-2007, 10:50 AM
We won't be at Osage City. I'll see if I can get a shaker your way through someone else, BigDog.

Bigdog
04-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Sounds like I need to bring some extra cash along.

You cooking Bigdog or just coming for a visit?

I'll just be there visiting.

Bigdog
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
We won't be at Osage City. I'll see if I can get a shaker your way through someone else, BigDog.

Thanks Todd. I sure thought that you were going to be there.:oops:

smknwhlswife
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Todd if you can get some to Andy or I, we would be happy to take some down for those interested. Andy will be heading down Friday morning and I will be going later after Kaylin gets out of school.

Plowboy
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm seeing MokanMeathead tonight and thought that the Meatheads were going. I'll check.

MoKanMeathead
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
...or you could just give some to me tonight when I pick up my smoker - I'll take it down there....there will be some left in the container - I promise!!

Puppyboy
04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I'll be there and am interested in some rubs.

Bigdog
04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
...or you could just give some to me tonight when I pick up my smoker - I'll take it down there....there will be some left in the container - I promise!!

I had better find you before you get cranking on the margarita machine.:razz: Thanks Wayne. I'll see ya Friday night.

Plowboy
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Wayne left my place with four shakers of my rub to bring to Osage City. Sorry I can't be there to meet you guys. Another time and place I'm sure.

MrSmoker
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I tried Todd's chicken rub and liked it a lot,it taste similar to the rub i made at Paul Kirks class that took 1st place.I like Todd's better than my own because it's not as hot.

Bigdog
04-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Wayne left my place with four shakers of my rub to bring to Osage City. Sorry I can't be there to meet you guys. Another time and place I'm sure.

Thanks Todd.:-D

HoDeDo
04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Sounds like Wayne has got ya covered. We'll see ya there even if we dont have the rub to sell ya.

BTW, Thanks for donating that second round of Margarita mixins Todd!!!:twisted: Or did wayne not go over the brokerage fee structure he has in place?? :icon_clown

MoKanMeathead
04-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Already got the second round of margaritas covered Andy...Earlybird is right next to us and he isn't bringing his machine but is bringing a re-fill for mine. Their recipe isn't as good as ours but so long as we drink ours first it won't mater.