PDA

View Full Version : quick and easy chicken appetizer?

cpw
04-27-2018, 11:16 AM
I'm looking for a recipe for a chicken appetizer (BBQ related) that can be served to about 300 people. Smoked/grilled/etc, hopefully something that's easy to prep.

Any suggestions from the Brain Trust?

Thanks!!

gtr
04-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Wings! Hit 'em with rub, smoke/grill, hit 'em with Frank's (I cut mine with bacon grease, but not totally necessary, esp. if it's a PITA at large volume), smoke/grill a little more, serve!

cpw
04-27-2018, 11:46 AM
Wings! Hit 'em with rub, smoke/grill, hit 'em with Frank's (I cut mine with bacon grease, but not totally necessary, esp. if it's a PITA at large volume), smoke/grill a little more, serve!

thought about wings, but I'm afraid they'll get soggy sitting in a steam pan for an extended period of time?

Stingerhook
04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Bunch of boneless, cook and chunk it.

worktogthr
04-27-2018, 12:30 PM
This recipe has become my go to. It is so delicious and both the marinade and the sauce are really easy to make. It it is so damn good with chicken wings or chicken thighs. Skinless thighs could work for you because of the fat content keeping them moist. Also wouldn't have to worry about the skin being or staying crispy.
http://runawayapricot.com/2015/01/healthier-peruvian-chicken-skewers-with-green-sauce.html/

cpw
04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
This recipe has become my go to. It is so delicious and both the marinade and the sauce are really easy to make. It it is so damn good with chicken wings or chicken thighs. Skinless thighs could work for you because of the fat content keeping them moist. Also wouldn't have to worry about the skin being or staying crispy.
http://runawayapricot.com/2015/01/healthier-peruvian-chicken-skewers-with-green-sauce.html/

That could work grilled too! I love that serious eats recipe. I can drink that green sauce in a cup.

gtr
04-27-2018, 04:34 PM
thought about wings, but I'm afraid they'll get soggy sitting in a steam pan for an extended period of time?

Good question. They probably would. I've never done the amount of wings you're talking about. I'm used to just tossing 'em out at parties and having the hyenas (and I am one of those hyenas) descend on them, so I've never seen 'em sit around. You could roll 'em off in batches, but that may defeat your goal of efficiency.