PDA

View Full Version : Most Expensive BBQ Sauce

IamMadMan
04-26-2018, 06:47 AM
An interesting read with a slight twist at the end...

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/expensive-bbq-sauce-texas/

As eaters, we rarely consider the cost of the items we don’t pay for at barbecue joints. Pickles, onions, and white bread often end up in the trash without a thought, let alone a feeling of guilt. And how often have you generously sampled the barbecue sauce varieties from your local pitmaster while wasting most of it, or maybe filled a cup meant for iced tea with your favorite sauce?

16Adams
04-26-2018, 07:20 AM
Private Stock. Guests get Stubbs or Shack. $8 bottle. Worth every penny.

I’d have to search to be sure but the sauce from Tejas Chocolate Craftory resembles Chile selection looks like Bludawg chili recipe.

BigThicket
04-26-2018, 07:33 AM
I tried the Mole at Tejas last week. It was good, but I preferred the regular BBQ sauce. They also had a green sauce that was amazing.

Stlsportster
04-26-2018, 07:48 AM
I think mole is an acquired taste....and I haven't acquired it yet. I'll stick with Blues Hog Championship Blend. Paid $15 for a 1/2 gallon bottle at Sam's last summer...stocked up and bought 3.

Czarbecue
04-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Shame on Sucklebusters on perpetuating the myth that MSG is bad for you.

16Adams
04-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Shame on Sucklebusters on perpetuating the myth that MSG is bad for you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

Free Mr. Tony
04-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Cool story. I like a good mole. Not sure about a BBQ version, but the picture sure looked good.

pitbossJB
04-26-2018, 09:31 AM
I'd like to try that, very interesting. Sounds good!

Czarbecue
04-26-2018, 03:41 PM
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe."

There are lot of people who avoid gluten when it is perfectly fine for them as well.

dadsr4
04-26-2018, 05:03 PM
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe."

There are lot of people who avoid gluten when it is perfectly fine for them as well.
"generally" YRMV

mtime7
04-26-2018, 05:56 PM
"generally" YRMV

I think by generally, they mean "Don't eat a cup of it at one sitting" it's fine as long as you don't over do it.

-Chris-
04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
I went to Rudy's in Round Rock yesterday with 6 people, they gave us an entire LOAF of white bread. We maybe ate a 3rd of it. We just left it there in the closed package and I am sure it was tossed out.

Chris

Baychilla
04-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Another case of "this is why we can't have nice things". Just look at people in a buffet. Instead of taking multiple trips they'll try to cram everything on at once then dump most of it.

At least for waste, I like the places that take edible bits to the local hog farm. That way you can re-eat your meals over and over.:cool:

Rusty Kettle
04-26-2018, 11:04 PM
Mole? Last I knew a mole is that animal that rips up my dad's yard. Never imagined you could make bbq sauce out of them. Talk about redneck chit. :)

THoey1963
04-27-2018, 12:08 AM
Not big on sauces, but found I like Stubb's Spicy. So, haven't tried many others. Especially if they say it is a sweet sauce.

Rockinar
04-27-2018, 02:20 AM
I like that Eat BBQ sauce from Pellet Envy. Not thick and corn surupy, and has a nice hint of seasoning with a hint of sweet.

Czarbecue
04-27-2018, 07:02 AM
I don't care what anyone says... I like the Salt Lick's BBQ sauce. I also like to dip my nuggets in Sweet n Sour sauce and prefer the mustard based SBR to the original.

PigPennsbbq
10-06-2023, 08:13 AM
I've tried them all, but I make a BBQ sauce that puts them all to shame. The bad part is, it's so expensive to make I have to sell it at $10 a pint. I'm a Georgia born man living in Minnesnowta, my BBQ sauce is so good the people up here have no problem buying. Stubbs is good, but it doesn't have a chance against my BBQ Sauce, I call it Pig Penn's BBQ Sauce, if you are interested my email is [email protected].

jham0077
10-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Mole? Last I knew a mole is that animal that rips up my dad's yard. Never imagined you could make bbq sauce out of them. Talk about redneck chit. :)

Not to mention their size. Imagine how many it would take for a quart of sauce.