PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Phubar
03-16-2018, 05:46 AM
Tonight I don't know yet,tomorrow porkbelly and sunday is a mystery.

Have Phun all y'alls!:cool:

MisterChrister
03-16-2018, 05:57 AM
Happy Phriday Phu, Pharkers, and Pharkettes! Planning on some picanha on the kettle rotisserie, and some cold smoked cheese on the stainless drum. Have fun everybody!

sliding_billy
03-16-2018, 06:06 AM
I might grab something small (ribs?) at the store tonight. Nothing big to cook this weekend since the Texas bash is next weekend.

Titch
03-16-2018, 06:08 AM
Fire Ban weekend due to temp and Winds.
Guess I luck out:mad2:

LKN Smoker
03-16-2018, 06:19 AM
Not sure yet, the trip to BJís was disappointing last night. Was hoping to find a full packer to cook Saturday, with no luck. Gonna check a couple other spots for one, or for some beef ribs, but if all else fails, Iíll default to a pork butt.
One way or the other, something is definitely getting cooked outside on Saturday :-D

Burnt at Both Endz
03-16-2018, 06:22 AM
Just put a PB on and have 4 slabs of St Louis ribs going on later. The SIL came up from Texas with their two little ones, so I'm fixen some Hawg for them. :shock:

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!

sleebus.jones
03-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Gonna be cooking up around 36# of chicken and 10# of sausage at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

My weapon:
https://i.imgur.com/IUR3nnDl.jpg

AussieMatt
03-16-2018, 07:02 AM
Happy Phriday Phu and pharkers! Salmon tonight and because you know what tomorrow is, corned beast on Saturday.

Aveagoodweekend!

Servo
03-16-2018, 07:45 AM
Weekend seems clear after the triple Nor'easter destruction - so time to try Pastrami with all the on sale corned beef from the supermarket for St Paddy's. Smoking til 165ish then steaming.

Super excited because a year ago I was reading Pastrami posts here but hadn't got the smoker yet. Smoking since last May and pastrami is finally on tap!

Stingerhook
03-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Short Stuph, I mean it's her turn to cook. We'll do our shopping in the morning.

PlattDaddyBBQ
03-16-2018, 08:11 AM
Smoking a few pounds of wings and some drum sticks for the Mizzou game tonight!!!!

sniperfx
03-16-2018, 08:47 AM
Costco prime full packer!!! :thumb:

lastmajordude
03-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Hey Dr Phu and fellow smoke heads....have moved into son’s house till I can get my new abode built....BUTTTTT.....I did bring a most important treasures.....the drum is under his covered patio and the Jambo is sitting comfortably under his barn!!!.....:-D:-D:clap2::clap2::redface::reface:

Happy smoking a cooking to all you dudes and dudettes.!!!!!!!!!!

in_the_basement
03-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Saturday should be a banner day for me, or at least I hope it is. Last weekend I bought a 16 pound turkey and it has been defrosting through the week. It seems all thawed and ready so I will be smoking that on the Pit Barell Cooker. I am rather new to the PBC so I am just hoping for the best. Since the turkey will take many hours, I plan to also brew a batch of beer on the patio, right next to the smoker. Since it is St Patty's day, I will finally bring the camp stove to the patio and boil up a corned beef brisket, and after the boil, finish it up on the Weber kettle for the last hour. I think I am all ready for a Saturday of goodness and bliss.

in_the_basement
03-16-2018, 12:05 PM
By the way, anyone have any guidance / advice for making a 16 pound turkey on the PBC?

gtr
03-16-2018, 01:35 PM
My young 'uns robotics team is having their end-of-season party at our spot tomorrow, so I'll be cooking a piggy, a couple/few chix, and a chitload of wings plus other assorted goodies.

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu, crew and all y'all Pharkers!

aerotech11
03-16-2018, 02:59 PM
Kettle Pizza and vortex wings tonight and tomorrow of course Corned beef and cabbage then Sunday Ill be doing some pastrami with the 2nd corned beef brisket I bought just for this. Should be a good weekend.

cowgirl
03-16-2018, 04:02 PM
High winds and burn ban going on here. I'm hoping to have a green beer at some point tomorrow. That's as far as I've reached on my planning. :)

Have a great weekend Phu and Brethren!

wire-it-up
03-16-2018, 06:08 PM
16 pork steaks for two couples from church joining our family for dinner. Picked them up this evening after work, and will brine them overnight. Saturday at 5, we chow down. Getting ready to make the brine right now.

Badjak
03-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Not really sure yet.
I was reading the thread to get ideas (thanks for these threads Phu, I always enjoy seeing what the other brethren are planning).
I think I may try my hand on a pizza on the grill, if I got time. So far I have failed miserable in these attempts, but one day I will get the hang of it.
I will persevere!

SlickRockStones
03-17-2018, 10:40 PM
Church chili cook off Sunday...... thinking Texas chili con carne with pre smoked brisket from the freezer. Sorry but no pool side smokin this week end.