PDA

View Full Version : Steam Pans

Borninblue
03-13-2018, 01:27 PM
I was in Restarunt Depot and was looking at their solid steam pans. I was wondering if anyone uses this type for drip pans or for say something like beans or if you just like to cook in pans. Is there any downfall cook wise in using these? Obviously disposables are easy you just throw away, but I might like to have a set of these too if they work well in my LSG mini.

ebijack
03-13-2018, 01:31 PM
I have quite a few. In most the sizes.
Not only are they great dip pans ( covered with foil for easy clean up)
If/when you use the aluminum pans, those fit/sit right in the S.S. hotel pans. So now you have support for the pan.
I have a few I have modified for custom drip pans also. As in many cases a full size will not fit or work properly.

IamMadMan
03-13-2018, 03:29 PM
The stainless steel steam table pans are great for those who do not like to use aluminum.

Also they make nylon pan liners for these, you can cook in them, use them as pan liners to catch drippings, even use them when brining or marinating meats. They are rated for cooking up to 400 degrees.

Easy capture and easy clean-up and a multitude of other uses.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/nylon-pan-liners.html

medic92
03-13-2018, 03:41 PM
I like using the disposable aluminum pans. I save the used ones and when the pile starts getting taller than me I take them in to the scrap metal place and get a small bit of my money back.