PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Speeding up ABT Construction???

Kanco Connection
03-13-2018, 01:16 PM
ABTs are the bomb. Everybody knows that. But they take so darn long to assemble. Takes me 1-2 hours standing in the kitchen to put together 75-100 ABTs. I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Gotta be a better, faster way. I mean, they're great, but who has time for that?

Any advice on ABT assembly efficiency? Thanks.

Corky
03-13-2018, 01:35 PM
ABTs are the bomb. Everybody knows that. But they take so darn long to assemble. Takes me 1-2 hours standing in the kitchen to put together 75-100 ABTs. I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Gotta be a better, faster way. I mean, they're great, but who has time for that?

Any advice on ABT assembly efficiency? Thanks.

Have your wife do it. :-D:-D:-D:thumb:

olewarthog
03-13-2018, 02:04 PM
It's time consuming no matter what. Getting a pepper tool to core the peppers is really worth it. Much quicker than a knife. I prep all my peppers in steps. Slice all stems off, then core all, then slice all lengthwise. I only use a half strip of bacon per pepper so I slice the whole slab in half & separate the slices before I start assembling. I will even lay out several slices at a time so I can stuff & wrap 5-6 quickly.

Kanco Connection
03-13-2018, 02:27 PM
so a combo of the 2 strategies is to tell the wife to go read how olewarthog from GA does it.

ironmanerik
03-13-2018, 02:45 PM
It's time consuming no matter what. Getting a pepper tool to core the peppers is really worth it. Much quicker than a knife. I prep all my peppers in steps. Slice all stems off, then core all, then slice all lengthwise. I only use a half strip of bacon per pepper so I slice the whole slab in half & separate the slices before I start assembling. I will even lay out several slices at a time so I can stuff & wrap 5-6 quickly.

Why core if your slicing in half? Don't bother cutting off the top just cut them in half, use a spoon to deseed. If doing a lot don't get picky about getting all the white out, one swipe with the spoon then rinse to get the loose seeds. No one will notice a few seeds if you don't get them all. Use block cream cheese, its already the right length, cut 1/2 inch off the block, cut that in half length ways, now you have 2 pieces 1/4x1/4, repeat. I cut bacon in thirds, whole pack at once, lay it on top don't wrap. After a couple times you can have50 peppers cut in half and deseeded in 15 minutes or less, cream cheese and bacon laid in another 15 or less.

ITBFQ
03-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Have your wife do it. :-D:-D:-D:thumb:

I, too, prefer this method!

SirPorkaLot
03-13-2018, 02:54 PM
I don’t use a corer and I don’t cut in half.
I make a “T” cut in the Pepper.

The top of the T just below the stem. Dig out the core (you cut this when you make T cut) and seeds, fill and wrap.

jermoQ
03-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Why core if your slicing in half? Don't bother cutting off the top just cut them in half, use a spoon to deseed. If doing a lot don't get picky about getting all the white out, one swipe with the spoon then rinse to get the loose seeds. No one will notice a few seeds if you don't get them all. Use block cream cheese, its already the right length, cut 1/2 inch off the block, cut that in half length ways, now you have 2 pieces 1/4x1/4, repeat. I cut bacon in thirds, whole pack at once, lay it on top don't wrap. After a couple times you can have50 peppers cut in half and deseeded in 15 minutes or less, cream cheese and bacon laid in another 15 or less.

I agree with this. About the fastest way to handle it. As long as you don't want to add other stuff to filling. Even then, you can mix up and then make a log about the samewidth as the left of the pepper

Smoke on Badger Mountain
03-13-2018, 09:37 PM
I don't cut in half. I just cut the end off and a quick turn on the inside with a chop stick and the fill with a pastry bag.