PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who's ordered from Creekstone Farms

Zak
03-12-2018, 08:52 AM
I got my order last week, ordered their Prime Tri-tips and spiral sliced ham, and while unpacking the order i notice the tri-tips were marked as Choice and seemed a little small so i weight them. What i ordered was "USDA PRIME TRI-TIP SPECIAL Package size is three 2-2.5 pound roast". The weight of the 3 tri-tips were 1.12lbs, 1.5lbs, and 2lbs. I emailed them about the grading of the meat so i'm waiting to hear back but wondering if anyone else has ordered from them and had this issue.

R2Egg2Q
03-12-2018, 09:55 AM
I ordered the same Tri Tip special and had no issues. Mine are all prime. Hope they will make that right for you.

cholloway
03-12-2018, 11:45 AM
^^^^^ Same here ^^^^^

I cooked one last weekend and it was fantastic!

Smokie185
03-12-2018, 06:32 PM
I have never had a problem.

crayman
03-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Call them. 1-866-273-3578

DRMSMKER
03-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Any update? I'm curious to know how they resolved the issue and why it happened.
Thanks

Zak
03-14-2018, 11:45 AM
I'm still waiting for a response. I sent another email this morning. I'm going to give them another couple days to respond to my 2nd email, if i don't hear from them, then i'll give them a call. I tried one of the tri-tips just to see if it was good but it was just marginal, nothing compared to SNF.

ssv3
03-14-2018, 12:17 PM
I've ordered from them numerous times no issues. The time that I ordered PastureOne grass fed tri tip they ran out of stock but sent me an email to see if I wanted to substitute them with their Premium tri tips. I kindly declined and waited so they send me out the grassfeds the following week. They even threw in an extra tri tip. :thumb: Didn't ask for anything either.

I've been very happy with them as they always "over-deliver" like when I ordered angus choice briskets that were supposed to be in 11-12lb range. What I got was one at 15+lbs and the other at 20lbs. :shock:

I've had nothing but stellar customer service from them. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Boston Smoker
03-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Every now and then, on of the racks of ribs will be on the short side compared to the others. The ribs are typically very good. Nice and uniform, no trimming required and membrane removed. Brisket always seems to come in slightly larger than the ordered weight range. I never get the expedited delivery because the free shipping usually shows up around 3 days from ordering. I've never had to deal with customer service, but I imagine their reputation is very important given that people are paying a premium for their products.

Cook
03-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Dump the email & call them. Personal communication is always best.

cricky101
03-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Dump the email & call them. Personal communication is always best.

I bet they took his money online. They should be able to respond to his questions there too.

jstrand
03-16-2018, 03:01 PM
I bet they took his money online. They should be able to respond to his questions there too.

Well yeah, but clearly after 2 days they hadn't contacted him and now would be 4 days. Maybe I'm alone on this but if I don't hear from customer service after 2 days i'm definitely calling.

Zak
03-17-2018, 04:25 AM
Update: i finally got few free minutes and gave them a call after no response to the emails. Unfortunately the person wasnt available so i left a voice mail for her and then played phone tag for the afternoon. The next day i got an email with a notice of a $40 refund. I suppose i'm satisfied with the outcome although i could see sending choice by accident but to also send 2 that are under weight, well to me, just doesnt sit right.

jstrand
03-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Well at least they refunded you. I would have felt better if i could have actually talked to someone though.
Based on everyone else's positive experiences with Creekstone maybe them not getting back to you for several days was just a one off.

I was at the local grocery store yesterday and noticed they had Creekstone Farms ground beef for sale, both premade patties and bulk.

BlueandGoldBBQ
03-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Update: i finally got few free minutes and gave them a call after no response to the emails. Unfortunately the person wasnt available so i left a voice mail for her and then played phone tag for the afternoon. The next day i got an email with a notice of a $40 refund. I suppose i'm satisfied with the outcome although i could see sending choice by accident but to also send 2 that are under weight, well to me, just doesnt sit right.

If they bobbled the grade its likely they did the same with the weight range? Assuming they have a range that size.